Pre built pc upgrade.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would actually get a decent gigabyte board if its still available. What online website do you use for computer parts?

Ash.

Mainly gaming, used to edit videos alot but not anymore. So your saying save up and build a new pc ?

Laquer Head

Yeah, honest truth is you should save up to built a custom PC, as most of us do..then use your HP as a reliable backup, or something to use if you had guests visit..that kinda thing.

Then you can pick every aspect of the machine to suit your needs.

Cause as is, you gonna need several new things just to 'upgrade' current, and you'll likely encounter many annoying issues along the way trying to make a pre-built into a custom rig that its was never really intended for.

Ash.

I well rather just sell it then for what ever i can get because i will have no use for a second pc. What do you think?

Laquer Head

I well rather just sell it then for what ever i can get because i will have no use for a second pc. What do you think?
That's entirely up to you.. You're always gonna get more customization, expandability, and overall bang-for-buck performance building custom. Each piece is individually warrantied and these days systems go together like lego bricks so even the least techie person can order parts and assemble a rig.

Ash.

Yeah but wouldn't I be better off keeping some parts. Eg: my cpu at least rather than spending 200-300 on a new one? Because honestly how much would I get for this pc. I7 4770 16 gb ram GTX 660....

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Wouldn't make sense to keep your cpu as its a socket 1150 and the option of boards available is quickly dwindling. You'll need a whole new setup. Motherboard, cpu, ddr4 ram, psu. Even your video card is like 3 generations old now.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't say between $150-$200 USD, probably closer to 150. It's a 4 year old machine at this point.

Ash.

What would you guys say is the minimum i should be spending on a custom pc to run any of the new games coming up at high to maybe ultra settings. Also just to note ive got a 2560x1080 monitor and have around 650 euro saved up now + add to that whatever i will get from my pre built pc.