Price Check ( ScottALot )

ScottALot

I'm highly considering parting out my current build so I can afford to get a new one sometime next month. I wouldn't start selling the parts until the new rig is complete, but if anyone has ideas on prices for these, that'd be great! Once I get prices, I will move them to the old thread listed below.

Parts of the current rig
  • i7-930
  • MSI Big Bang XPower
  • Mushkin Redline 6GB (3x2) 1600
  • MSI GTX 460 Hawk (has benchmarked @ 1000MHz before, not good for 24/7 though)

Things I can sell now:
  • Logitech X540 5.1 Speakers (might be more suitable for craigslist)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932 (might be more suitable for craigslist)

If anyone has interest in these, they are at: http://www.computerforum.com/200850-iphone-westinghouse-monitor-gtx-260-more.html (Items crossed out haven't been located yet)
  • ATI TV Wonder HD 750
  • [Strike]Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor
  • Galaxy GTX 285
  • Antec TruePower 750W[/Strike]

Also does anyone know if people are willing to buy a Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S 1) that is ridden with problems like
1. Restricted to speaker phone only for calls
2. Speaker cuts out, you have to slap it to get it going again
3. Freezes on occasion
I would obviously sell it for a crazy discounted rate, but I'm wondering if it's even worth trying to sell.

9309148871_dc4c809ebb_c.jpg
9311932618_7d53928c2c_c.jpg

9309146403_4df7e3a946_c.jpg
9309144703_d9460a46d0_c.jpg
9309143571_d048865ddb_c.jpg

Last edited:

claptonman

Good luck selling that case. Those are near impossible to sell at a reasonable price. You'll have to lower it way down.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Things I can sell now:

• Logitech X540 5.1 Speakers (might be more suitable for craigslist)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932 (might be more suitable for craigslist)

I haven't been around for a while :p, so I'm not sure if I still have these, but if anyone's interested
  • ATI TV Wonder HD 750
  • Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor
  • Galaxy GTX 285
  • Antec TruePower 750W

So yeah, post w/ prices and/or PM me if you have interest in something :)

If you want to sell those on here then you MUST find them out and take pictures as required in the Selling rules here.

http://www.computerforum.com/computer-equipment-sale/announcements.html

Also as far as im aware,this thread was just to get a "Idea on prices"..now its turning into a FS thread but you have not listed any prices which is also a selling rule requirement.

Please only use this thread to get your price guesstimates,Then if you want to sell them create another thread fully following the rules by showing valid pictures and listing prices on ALL items then this thread will be closed. :)

Last edited:

ScottALot

If you want to sell those on here then you MUST find them out and take pictures as required in the Selling rules here.

http://www.computerforum.com/computer-equipment-sale/announcements.html

Also as far as im aware,this thread was just to get a "Idea on prices"..now its turning into a FS thread but you have not listed any prices which is also a selling rule requirement.

Please only use this thread to get your price guesstimates,Then if you want to sell them create another thread fully following the rules by showing valid pictures and listing prices on ALL items then this thread will be closed. :)

I'm going to update the post, let me know if it meets the criteria.

PCunicorn

Where do you want to sell them? On eBay with a Buy it Now, you will be able to make more, but you will have fees and the trouble with bad buyers. Forums will make you less, but a bad buyer can just be shut out. Craigslist would be somewhere in the middle. I would say the 460 will be in a ballpark of $100, the RAM at $45, and I have no idea on the others. X79 boards are with a fair bit, and CPUs are to. I think the board would go for $150+, and the CPU around $110.

Troncoso

VIP Member
Mate, if this is a for sale thread (which it very clearly looks as such) you need to post prices for the stuff. That's part of the rules.

ScottALot

Mate, if this is a for sale thread (which it very clearly looks as such) you need to post prices for the stuff. That's part of the rules.

I have the link to the FS thread up there. Not sure what else I can do to make it more clearly a price check thread.

Where do you want to sell them? On eBay with a Buy it Now, you will be able to make more, but you will have fees and the trouble with bad buyers. Forums will make you less, but a bad buyer can just be shut out. Craigslist would be somewhere in the middle. I would say the 460 will be in a ballpark of $100, the RAM at $45, and I have no idea on the others. X79 boards are with a fair bit, and CPUs are to. I think the board would go for $150+, and the CPU around $110.

Those sound pretty good. I'm probably going to put them up on here and/or [H], Overclock.net, and XtremeSystems, and possibly eBay. The bigger stuff might be solely craigslist.

87dtna

I would say the 460 will be in a ballpark of $100, the RAM at $45, and I have no idea on the others. X79 boards are with a fair bit, and CPUs are to. I think the board would go for $150+, and the CPU around $110.

You shouldn't post if you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Your thoughts on price are relative to your name, mythical.

First off, a gtx 460 is worth $65 tops these days. They are going for $70 on ebay so you may not even get that. The ram is worth $25-30 tops, no one wants 2gb sticks anymore and nothing uses tri-channel kits anyway at this point so it doesn't make it any more valuable than a dual channel kit. The best thing to do would be sell the cpu board and ram together as a bundle.

Next, it's not an X79 board it's an X58 socket 1366 board. At this point it's worth around $80. The CPU is worth around $90.

So basically the value of the board cpu and ram is around $200, and thats a high estimate you may not even get that anymore.

Socket 1366 is pretty much a dead socket, the only thing that still holds a good amount of value is the hex core chips and even those are falling now.

Last edited:

ScottALot

You shouldn't post if you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Your thoughts on price are relative to your name, mythical.

First off, a gtx 460 is worth $65 tops these days. They are going for $70 on ebay so you may not even get that. The ram is worth $25-30 tops, no one wants 2gb sticks anymore and nothing uses tri-channel kits anyway at this point so it doesn't make it any more valuable than a dual channel kit. The best thing to do would be sell the cpu board and ram together as a bundle.

Next, it's not an X79 board it's an X58 socket 1366 board. At this point it's worth around $80. The CPU is worth around $90.

So basically the value of the board cpu and ram is around $200, and thats a high estimate you may not even get that anymore.

Socket 1366 is pretty much a dead socket, the only thing that still holds a good amount of value is the hex core chips and even those are falling now.

Oh yeah I forgot to correct him, yeah it's X58. It's not the Big Bang XPower II, it's the original 1366 socket.

87dtna

Yes but if you post up I7 930 along with the board, if you know what you're talking about at all, you know it's not an X79 board we're dealing with here.

PCunicorn

I was wrong on the GPU, 480 and 460 got mixed up in my head :eek: Also I meant X58. And I see X58 stuff go for a lot. I know you have great prices 87dtna, but just because you would offer something for $90 doesnt mean thats all its worth. I see 920s go all the time for 100 bucks, and a nicer board like that for $120. I think the RAM can go for $35, 2x 4 GB of that stuff is around $80 on the egg. I think a combo of the ram, board, and cpu could go for $220 or so.

Troncoso

VIP Member
I was wrong on the GPU, 480 and 460 got mixed up in my head :eek: Also I meant X58. And I see X58 stuff go for a lot. I know you have great prices 87dtna, but just because you would offer something for $90 doesnt mean thats all its worth. I see 920s go all the time for 100 bucks, and a nicer board like that for $120. I think the RAM can go for $35, 2x 4 GB of that stuff is around $80 on the egg. I think a combo of the ram, board, and cpu could go for $220 or so.

I'm not sure what you're even trying to do. You're like 14, spouting off numbers you're finding on the Internet, while 87dnta has been buying/selling/trading since I've known him on the forum.

PCunicorn

And Jason was 14 when he started on the forum, are you gonna say just because he is young he doesnt know his stuff? I have been watching [H] and OCN for a long time, as well as Ebay, and I have a reasonable idea of what stuff sells for. Just becaue I dont have 800 ratings on Heatware doesn't mean I cant help with ScottALot in his quest to find what the stuff is worth.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
It ends now guys please,ScottAlot asked for peoples opinions on what his stuff might be worth,It doesn't matter if someone has undervalued/over values something or if you agree with what pricing another member has given.
At the end of the day its up to ScottALot what he prices them at...no need for all of this.

Any further crap posted in here other than price guesstimates will result in a warning/Infraction.