Primary monitor keeps disappearing!

geek 0001

My primary monitor only supports HDMI input, and my second monitor is VGA only. I am currently using a Displayport to HDMI adapter to run my primary monitor, and an HDMI to VGA adaptor to run the second screen.

The problem is that any time the PC goes into power saving mode, and also sometimes on startup, I lose the Dislayport to HDMI monitor, and I have to unplug it and plug it back in again. I have tried doing this with a Displayport to VGA, and just plugging the other monitor into the HDMI port, but Windows detects the Displayport to VGA as 640 x 480 with no options to change it, and the monitor itself just says no signal. Is there any way to stop the primary monitor from disconnecting?

I'm using an RX 6700XT graphics card, btw.

lucasbytegenius

Is there any way to stop the primary monitor from disconnecting?
You could try better adapters, but there's no for sure way to tell which ones would be better. You'd be better off getting another monitor that supports either DisplayPort or HDMI (a lot of them support both) and not messing with adapters.

Darren

Staff member
You can get DisplayPort to HDMI cables, likely won't have issues like an adapter would.