I have a Epson Stylus color 640 and I have a problem with it. I haven't

using it since 1 years and yesterday I tried it. The last time I use it, the

cartridges were full. And now, the black ink works but the color ink doesn't

work, even not a bit of color, nothing. Usually, a light turn on when the

cartridge is empty, but it is not the case. Is it possible that the cartridge

is cry or something in the same way ? If someone knows something about

that crap of printer, reply please !

Dart81

The ink cartridge could be simply dried.....or mayby could be dried some ink in the printer's nozzle .....did you buy original ink?If not, my theory is most probable....
Have you tried to make a cleaning by software?

woualex

The cartridge was the original and I tried to make a cleaning by software so the cartridge has to be dry or my printer is completly busy. Anyway, I can buy a new one for 50 $. But before buying, i'll buy a new cartridge... at the same price... In what world are we living???

Dart81

woualex said:
The cartridge was the original and I tried to make a cleaning by software so the cartridge has to be dry or my printer is completly busy. Anyway, I can buy a new one for 50 $. But before buying, i'll buy a new cartridge... at the same price... In what world are we living???

In these cases it's very hard to make up one's mind....you have to choose if buy a new original cartridge(the risk is that maybe the printer is broken....)or iif buy directly a new printer for about the same price.....
Maybe you would try to buy a not original ink and try the printer with that ink....it's hard :(

P.S. in a bad world we are living....... :(

Scrat

Most probably the ink in the Printers Jets are dry. If the jets are built into the ink cartridge itself, i'd sugest just buying a new cartridge. If however the jets are built into the cartridge holder, then you can try the below method which worked for one of my printers, but if it doesn't work then you have to send it to the Manufacturer to replace or unblock the jets.

You can try gently cleaning the Printer head(only the colour one) with a small amount of Metholated Spirits on a cotton bud. When you've rubbed the head, have alook at the tip of the cotton bud and see if there is any colour on it from the dried ink. If there is, then wipe the print head again with a dry tissue and run the Printers Head Option again.

Mikelb

Most likely the cartridge dried, this can be from sitting in non-use for a year, kind of like a car.... cut it on every couple of days, to let it warm up and use it every now and then to keep components from becoming inoperative. Also, with an inkjet printer, if you leave the printer on, while not being used, for awhile, the cartridge may dry out, or begin leaking. This being caused by the fact that the cartridge is left uncapped and ready for use, to cut the time needed by the printer to print a document for you....so, cut it on every now and then, but don't let it stay on all the time....

da_ezman

I agree the ink has dried up and clogged the cartridge. With HP cartridges, they suggest running warm water over the print head to try and soften the ink clog. Also, see if your printer software has a clean and prime cycle.
I would suggest getting a refill kit. Stratitec makes darn good refill kits from $14.95 US at Stratitec. They come with enough premium ink to refill most cartridges 6-7 times. Also comes with the tools to service most carts and has priming tools too.
If you have a SAMS Warehouse, Office Max, Office Depot or Wal-Mart around you they can be had there cheaper than direct from Stratitec.
Good luck.

:cool: