Printer disabled and offline...help!

novicegeek

Hey all, I was wondering if you could help me with a rather vexing issue. I had some IP configuration issues with a printer that is connected through a router (printer is an HP Officejet 6500 E709n the router a Netgear WNR2000). I ended up uninstalling the printer, removing it (2 entries, printer and fax) from the registry editor, and then reinstalling it. Great, right? Wrong. Now it won't print and the reason is, when I go to the device manager, it shows that it's disabled and when I open the printer under the control panel, it shows that it is offline. To print something, I have to go to each of these places first, fix that, then print. Why won't this darn thing set up this way by default? Is this a device conflict problem?

By the way, this happened one time before the IP problem, but I fixed it, but I don't remember how.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Gary

GaryCantley

Set the IP address to static.

To do this you will first have to find what IP address the printer is using, have a look at the router/attached devices.

Go to this address in your browser and it should bring up the printer config page, look for network and then IP.

novicegeek

Done did this my friend. But I did notice that the port was HP_(the IP address), instead of IP_(then the IP address). I'm going to change that and see what happens. Thanks.