Printer not working after furniture moved

My printer worked flawlessly. My furniture was moved around and now it's set up in a new place. Not working.

HP OfficeJet Pro 8139e.

It's all plugged in. I tried every USB port on my laptop. I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

I somehow managed to get it to print 2 pages yesterday after trying for about 30 minutes.

Sometimes, my laptop recognizes it as Available and other times offline, seemingly at random.

I have no idea what to do. I've tried printing a PDF from multiple programs. When I got it to work yesterday, I think it was by pushing "print using printer system" or something like that with Ctrl+Shift+P.
 
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer. Nothing should have changed just by moving furniture and network equipment around.
 
Uninstall via programs and features in control panle and then download the driver software the printer manufacturer.
 
Do you have another USB cable to test with?

I could only assume the one you were using has an internal break either before and it happened to bend the correct way or moving it around caused one with bending. Otherwise it should all be the same.
 
Windows can power down USB ports to save power, causing exactly this sometimes Available, sometimes Offline flakiness. Fix: open Device Manager, go to USB Root Hubs, open the Power Management tab, and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power on each one.
 
Do you have another USB cable to test with?

I could only assume the one you were using has an internal break either before and it happened to bend the correct way or moving it around caused one with bending. Otherwise it should all be the same.
I don't have another one on hand. When I click "Print", the printer says "Printing 'Print'" on the display screen, and then nothing ever prints. Does this mean the USB is working at least? I could buy one on Amazon, but I don't want to if it's not necessary.
 
Update:
Suddenly, it works. I don't know why or what/if I did that "fixed" it.
Under printer selection, there are 2 different options that are both my printer.
One says "8130e Series" and the other "8193e Series [HP.......]".
The 8139e option had been grayed out, but suddenly became available and this is the one that works.
 
That basically means that printer has been installed twice, could be that one is for wireless and one for usb. If you go into devices and printers and hover over the printers mentioned, there should be a status window popup that should tell you if anything is waiting in its que or if the printer is actually unavailable. I would remove the printer that says not available. Make sure you select the printer that actually works as your default printer so everytime you print something its automatically selected.
 
Back
Top