printer

tremmor

I asked here in the past about a printer and bought a brother black only laser. works fine.
Have need for a color now. giving mine to my wife and want color laser, wireless and fax.
Any suggestions. Dont know if i should stay with brother. I will go through ink and think they
will be expensive. Thinking around $200 to $250 for printer. Would like a reasonable price for color
cartridge's if possible.
thanks

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Because you want a multi-function printer, that will bring up the price. This Brother one is $300. Can't guarantee how good the color quality is though. If you went in the $400-$500 range you can get some very good color laserjets.

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-MFC9...1480700563&sr=8-2&keywords=color+laserjet+mfc

Also note that when you need to buy toner, you'll be buying four cartridges (not all at once; as they run out individually - Black, Cyan, Yellow, and Magenta) and they're $50-$70 each. I normally buy a replacement so it is available when needed and I don't need to wait for it to arrive.

tremmor

thanks. as you said applied to me when shopping. Decided against the fax. came with scanner and was
more than what i needed. fax i use once every 6mo. didn't want to spend the money.
Got a color wireless Brother HL-3170CDW and a extra black cartridge. will buy others as needed.
thanks voyagerfan