Prob mounting MOBO

PC eye

banned
The first item there namely the plate simply slips onto and snaps inplace over the rear jacks and ports on the board at the rear of the case once in. The holes include the parallel along with the usb ports and audio jacks if onboard video is present as well as onboard sound.

The brass screws are referred to as "standoffs" and can not be substituted since they isolate the board from the chasis. If the board lacked the mounting screws then a new case would see those in a small plastic bag. One good reference with a better set of instructions and photos is seen at http://www.motherboards.org/articles/guides/35_1.html

tuxify

The bendable metal parts are there to push the I/O shield out, so it fits properly. All you need to do is press firmly and make sure they are all in the correct place. As for the spacers, any screw that fits well and isn't too long/short should work.

*Edit* lol PC Eye, got to it before I did.

PC eye

banned
There are two things there to look at basically that being the standoffs and then the short screws to hold the board down on them. The shield generally snaps right into place once you remove the correct blanks prepunched into it for the various posrts and audio jacks. With any substitution for those the thread has to be the same as well as length.

Bronson7

Every plate I've ever installed, goes in from the INSIDE of the case BEFORE the motherboard is installed.
Bronson7

PC eye

banned
It's a little awkward at times but you can slip those into place once a board is resting on the standoffs. But those are generally snapped into the opening or fitted on the board and then go in before fastening the board down.