Problem Burning a DVD

DCM

Hello,

For sometime now, i've been having certain problems burning either, movies or tv episodes to DVD to watch on my television. Below I have outlined my CPU specs.

AMD Athlon X2 6000+
Asus board
ATI Radeon HD2900XT 512MB
4096MB RAM
Generic DVD Burner
DVD-R DVDs

Now, I have had success burning in the past, many times. I even recently burned to DVD a movie that worked and played fine.

What happens is, i'll convert several TV episodes, or a movie to either DVD, MPEG1 or MPEG2 video using WinAVI Converter then using either Nero Vision for MPEG1/2 or Clone DVD2 for DVD.

What happens when I go to play the movie or TV episodes, is it'll play choppy, like the picture you can tell is jagged. I do not know why this is happening but it certainly is a waste of DVDs :(

Anyone have, or heard of such a problem and know a solution? Or something else to try? If I missed something, lemme know.

heyman421

banned
did you think to play the recoded files on your compy before burning them to a disc?

if they don't skip on your computer, you're probably using crap discs

if you paid less than $.20 a piece for them, that should give you a good starting point right there

Last edited:

Kabu

banned
Like heyman421 said, make sure you are using good disks, Verbs or TYs. Run your Nero's CD/DVD Speed program and see what kind of burn you are getting on your disks. You want to be in the 95% range.

If you still have a problem, then you might want to try using a different burning program. ImgBurn and Burrrn are very good and are both free.