Problem i hear sound no picture??

daneadane

hey i followed the steps from the burning the divx files thread but when i finished the burning through nero i put the dvd in and i had the menu come up then just the audio playing? please help! :confused:

daneadane

another thing i want to add is that i used nero express because when i went to select the pioneer dvd-r drive it says that this version can only be used w/ the recorder it has bundled w/ what is that? i am using nero 5

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
hey I followed the steps from the burning the divx files thread but when I finished the burning through nero I put the dvd in and I had the menu come up then just the audio playing? please help!
Slightly confused:
- Audio for menu works, audio for video works, menu works but main video doesnt
- Audio for menu works, audio for video works, main video works but menu video doesnt
- Audio for menu is actually the audio for the video, main video works, menu video works but the main video is out of synch with the audio
etc

another thing I want to add is that I used nero express because when I went to select the pioneer dvd-r drive it says that this version can only be used w/ the recorder it has bundled w/ what is that? I am using nero 5
That means the version of Nero you have is OEM ... as in it came with the drive and you can only use it with the given drive. A workaround might be to use the image recorder to burn an NRG image and then to burn the image using any image burning app

daneadane

and please explain: "A workaround might be to use the image recorder to burn an NRG image and then to burn the image using any image burning app"

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
- Audio for menu works, audio for video works, menu works but main video doesnt
Any luck if you just make the DVD without a menu? (im asking as to ascertain where the problem is)

and please explain: "A workaround might be to use the image recorder to burn an NRG image and then to burn the image using any image burning app"
When you finish doing whatever it is in NVE (nero vision express) and are ready to burn, select the Image Recorder as your burner (instead of the actual burner you have). It will save an cd/dvd image onto your harddrive. You can then use Nero itself to burn that image (Recorder --> Burn Image) onto an actual disc using an actual burner. The only reason i suggest this is because a lot of the time NVE will suddenly dissapear right when it starts to burn (but not, for some reason, when you use the Image Recorder)