problem saving pictures

y2keable

when browsing the internet and i right-click on a picture to save it, internet explorer (or windows xp, not sure what software is in charge of it) will only let me save it as a bitmap file with "untitled" file name, no matter what the actual format of the picture is.

this has happened all of a sudden, for no reason. although, i've noticed that its only started happening since i installed spybot search and destroy. i can't think why this could be to blame. i've tried fiddling with settings, both in internet explorer and windows but can't find how to fix it.

can anyone help? cheers.
Jayson

Crypto

after right clicking the picture and you get the prompt, under "Save as Type" make sure you have JPG selected, not bitmap. Under file name, you can enter whatever you want.

y2keable

thas the prblem

after right clicking the picture and you get the prompt, under "Save as Type" make sure you have JPG selected, not bitmap. Under file name, you can enter whatever you want.

i see what you're getting at, its the first thing i tried. but the only thing on that drop down list is the bitmap file format. and where you enter the file name, it has "untitled" as default EVERY time when usually it enters the pictures name in automaticly.

Last edited:

Crypto

Interesting. Try to right click this and save as. Tell me what happens

Last edited:

y2keable

ok...

same problem...

File name: "untitled"

Save as type: Bitmap (*.bmp)

i can change the file name to anything i want by re-entering it (although i have never got "untitled" as default before) but i can't change the file extention.

cheers
Jayson