PROBLEM!! Using PCI Card On A8N-SLI Premium

PC eye

banned
The other possibility wouldn't involve the video card being used since that has been found good but the power supply having a bad cap or something where there's a serious lack of power available. The largest demand for power excluding OCing and other things like extra devices running is mainly seen when first starting the system. Besides that look over the board itself for any discoloration or buiged caps there.

Sillysod

Ive tried 2 PSU's with no luck:( Only other hardware I havn't replaced to test is the CPU, which is brand new and hasn't been used before! I will ask peeps at college on Tuesday if they have a spare card to lend me! But will most prob have to bid on a crap one on eBay. Would this just be the board? Or maybe just a dodgy bios version or something? As I thort PCI cards work in virtually anything?

Thanks for you're help!

Sam

PC eye

banned
It won't work on boards without pci slots for sure! But the one item of updating the bios in case that came incomplete or somehow bacame goofed up could explain the problem to some degree. But if you are seeing a board problem there you won't want to play around too long while under the dealer's warranty to see it exchanged.

PC eye

banned
ISA? That goes back more then a decade for that! AGP and PCI replaced that old "boat anchor" technology some years ago. Even the AST 486 model I was running some years back had a 32mb pci video card in it.

Sillysod

Even you decide to go with a new board to correct this you will want a PCI-E model for the most part. I could advise going for something better then a sheapie for use on a new board if needed and something you will be better off with.

Thats a very good point, I will just wait until I have enough money to buy a decent card, as even if the board is faulty, I will need a new PCI-E card anyway for the new board eventually.

Many thanks for all you're time & expertise ppl! You're great:p

Thanks again

Sam