problem with autostart in win xp

Beregon

When i start my computer, only like half of the autostartprograms show up, not including any of the programs in the 'autostart' folder, which doesnt start at all. Besides that daemon tools refuse to start, though i do not know if this has anything to do with the autostart-issue, but they both appeared at the same time.

someone care to help?

thanks

Beregon

yes, they are all marked, and i have selected 'normal start' which means that my comp loads system.ini, win.ini, systenservices and autostart-objects.
but the autostartobjects and mcafee virusscan still wont work.

Beregon

a what-ware?
i tried the program, i recognise all the programs i see on the list, but half of them does not start, which is the problem..

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
You can save the list from that program and post it here to see what could be wrong.

Beregon

here it is.

something very wierd i just discoverred:
daemon tools and speedfan, 2 of the problems in the 'autostart'-menu was already running, according to ctrl+alt+del menu. (whatever its called ^^)
so i turned them of, and ran them again. this time, they turned up in the bottom right of the screen, where you see all the rest of the autostart-programs.

Attachments

• AutoRuns.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 140

Beregon

well, i installed msg plus without the sponsor programs, and besides, i've never had any problems before now..
i scanned with the app, found some shit, erased it, but still i have the same problem..

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
My experience

Hey I found that I had a simmilar problem before. It would do exactly as you said, except the fact that they woudl actually come up in 10 mins or something from the time of startup! I could see them in the task manager as well. When I closed them there and ran them again, thy would appear immediately. Now I don't want to scare you, but a bout a week after that my Winodws XP crashed completely! I could no longer get through the password box, it would let me in and then I got the blue screen of death! I tcould be something else in your case :).

JAN :D

[KoG]^wEaZel

right click on your start bar thing click customize and check if any are set to always hide if not under past items if there are any of the programs you are looking for click always show if that dosent work beats me :)

Beregon

aha.. thanks for that^^
thing is, when i boot with my cdroms instead of my harddrives all is working fine.. my problem may have something to do with the remaindants of my old 'documents and settings' folder from my old os on my non-boot hd. gonna try to delete it, and then see what happens.