Problem with icons...

computerfreak3

When i minamize something it goes away and doesnt show up on the bottom, i have to go to task manager (which doesnt show up either) and open it that way. How do i fix this?

PC eye

banned
Right thing to try right off is right clicking on the Start task bar and selecting properties. You then open the notification area tab and uncheck the hide all inactive icons box. That will then see all hidden icons in the system tray appear as well however if you have any hidden.

PC eye

banned
In XP that would be seen as the customise button bringing you into the area where all inactive icons can be set to always show, always hide, or hide when inactive. Another thing to try there is unchecking the auto hide option for the taskbar itself

PC eye

banned
Are you running XP or Vista there? It sounds like something winged the explorer.exe file good where now the desktop isn't being fully loaded when starting up. Did you install anything new lately even any MS updates?

computerfreak3

xp this happened along time ago, i found this website and thought maybe somebody could help me, and i was right, but so far no progress ha ha but yea i dont know its been along time

PC eye

banned
If the desktop is loading up normally you could be looking at some type of setting change for desktop, appearance, etc. there. Try right clicking on the desktop itself and looking for the "arrange icons by" option seen there. There should be a "show all icons" setting or check box.