Hi everyone,
I'm new to posting on forums so please bear with me.
I have a problen with a LAN adapter on a computer that I am trying to repair for a friend. It is recognised by windows a being a SiS 900-Based Fast Ethernet Adapter. But when I plug an ethernet cable into it, it is not recognised by the adapter.
I have checked the bios, I have updated the drivers for the adapter, I can get a connection to my router via a wireless usb adapter and everything else with the computer seems to be fine.
Any further information anyone needs in order to help diagnose the problem just ask. I have a feeling that the adapter is fried but need to ensure that I have explored every avenue first.
I'd appreciate any help anyone can give.
I'm new to posting on forums so please bear with me.
I have a problen with a LAN adapter on a computer that I am trying to repair for a friend. It is recognised by windows a being a SiS 900-Based Fast Ethernet Adapter. But when I plug an ethernet cable into it, it is not recognised by the adapter.
I have checked the bios, I have updated the drivers for the adapter, I can get a connection to my router via a wireless usb adapter and everything else with the computer seems to be fine.
Any further information anyone needs in order to help diagnose the problem just ask. I have a feeling that the adapter is fried but need to ensure that I have explored every avenue first.
I'd appreciate any help anyone can give.