Windows 8 Problem with logging into Windows 8.1

Paka14

Hello,

It's my first thread, so if I do something incorrectly- just correct me.
So, the thing is- When I turn on my PC and want to log into my account, (I don't have any other accounts on PC) I can't directly login to this account, there's kinda "choice" to what account I want to login (but there aren't any others). So I'd like to just directly login to my account only by typing the password each time and don't have to click my avatar each time. On the bottom I'm attaching some screensh... no, those aren't screenshots, just made with camera 'cause it's not possible to make a screenshot on the log screen ;P (Look at the second photo especially because that's what I mean. And the first photo shows the default windows log screen that normally I had changed into black wallpaper but it disappeared with that issue.).

And very important thing- I face this problem after trying to fix another one. Earlier I couldn't switch to any other accounts, so I tried many many "fixes" on a lot of web pages, but it didn't solve this problem. So my current issue is after making some steps from a page that I can't find anymore. It was some reg edit, but I'm not sure which exactly. Maybe someone was doing the same thing so can help me?

PHOTOS:
1: https://ibb.co/cqx6Zq 2: https://ibb.co/j3kh7A 3: https://ibb.co/fLqh7A

Thanks on advice.

DMGrier

VIP Member
So, if I understand you correctly (which I am struggling with) your login screen shows multiple accounts but you are only aware of one account. When you boot up you want the one account you use to automatically prompt you for your password? Am I getting you correctly?

I reassure you that if you see multiple avatars on the login screen then you have multiple user accounts on that computer. You can get rid of them by opening control panel and going to User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage Another User Account. Delete the unused accounts and then you will only have one account. Otherwise a wipe and reload would make all your stuff really clean since I read you went messing in your registry.

P.S. Your photos don't really exist... They might have at one point... but probably got pulled for one reason or another *cough*virus*cough*. Just figured I would let you know.:)

Darren

Staff member
If you were screwing around in the registry and tried several different things there's absolutely no way we can know what you did or how to fix it.

If your screenshots were working we might be able to offer guidance but you dun goofd doing what you did. If you don't know what you're trying to fix in the first place you're just going to make it worse.

Paka14

Ok, well, sorry for not working links- here are new:
https://files.fm/u/3mr7peq3 <-----------

Darren:
And I wasn't "screwing around in the registry", I did some steps to "enable fast user switching" (or something like that) after googling something like "Windows 8 can't switch to another account". Now I can't find it again. It's something like Removing Inheritance or some permissions. Maybe someone simply had the same issue so knows the solution.

DMGrier:
Weeeell... Sorry, but it's not what I meant. I mean- know you can see it on photos. I'd like to... get rid of the window on the second photo like it was before.

Thanks for your replies and waiting for some other tips :/

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you still want to have to enter a password to enter your account? Are you able to login? If you go into control panel, user accounts. How many accounts are listed?

Paka14

Hi johnb35,
Yes, I want to have to enter a password to switch on the computer (nosey sis ;P), I'm able to log in but I'd like to get rid of a window from the 3rd screenshot. In the control panel, it seems like there are 3 accounts: Paka14, Administrator and Guest (with Admin properties). And when there was one new extra account I specially made for this, It was the same- all 4 accounts showing up in control panel and no way to login to any account except Paka14. Thanks for the reply.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, none of your links work anymore. Can you just retake the screenshots and upload them into your post please. Click on where it says upload a file.