Problem with my Chassis and CPU Fan connections

bcohen4

New Member
I have an Asus P5B-VM SE which has a 4 pin connection for the cpu fan and only one connection (3 pin) for the chassis fan. I just installed a Zalman CPU fan that comes with a 3 pin connection, not 4 pin so my computer says "cpu fan error! press f1 to continue" or something like that. Is there any sort of adapter I can get for this or will my mobo just have to think that I don't have a cpu fan?
 
Last edited:
A 3 pin fan should work on a 4 pin connector, its keyed to fit right. Sure you didnt force it on the wrong 3 pins?

4pinvc9.jpg
 
Last edited:
It's because the BIOS thinks the CPU fan is dead because it can't monitor it, just disable the warning in the BIOS.
 
Back
Top