Problem with New Computer

Weskhan

New Member
I just built a new computer with these specs:

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4389472&Sku=I69-7500

RAM
Corsair 4GB DDR2
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3228139&Sku=C13-6082

Power Supply
Ultra LSP650 650-Watt
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276573&Sku=ULT-LSP650

Motherboard
XFX nForce 750i SLI Extreme Motherboard
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4316659&Sku=P450-9124

Video Card (Already Own)
GeForce 9800 GTX+
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3738445&Sku=E145-9802


Everything went fine building it, it was actually quite easy. I plugged everything in and fired it up. All the lights came on, no error beeps at all, all fans are running, continues to run without turning self off. It's running like everything is fine. The only problem is that my monitor is not detecting an input. I'm using that DVI (or whatever it's called) on the monitor and plugging into my video card.

I checked the video card and there's a green light on it to show that at least something is happening on it. Also the fan is running. I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: Changed the processor, had the wrong one up there.

Edit: I've used this monitor with this same graphic card before and it worked on my previous PC

Edit: Also no startup beep :(

Edit: Also in addition to the 24-pin ATX power connecter I have an 8-pin ATX 12V power connecter which I didn't plug in. Is that important?
 
Last edited:
Strange, they work for me


UPDATE: See end of main post!

The link for the MB and the CPU work for me BUT the others do not. The page for them says "We're Sorry, The Page You've Requested Could Not Be Found."

Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.
 
The link for the MB and the CPU work for me BUT the others do not. The page for them says "We're Sorry, The Page You've Requested Could Not Be Found."

Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

Okay sorry about that I updated the links (they must have changed them) and they should work now.
 
Back
Top