Problem with one of the drivers?

mirke

hi all, im new around here and would like to ask someone to help me with my problem...
the problem is with one of my drivers (thats what microsoft help page tells me) my comp crashes after 6-12hrs of working and restarts itself...after 1st restart it can not start the windows and reboots itself few times and then when it starts it tells me that windows has recoverd from serious error... as i sais microsoft help page tells me that one of my drivers (printer, modem...) coused this error. how do i foun out which driver coused this???
im running win xp home edition
ps. after it restarts it works fine again for few hours... by the way i tried to do restore point but it wouldnt work, but im pretty sure this is not related as i had this problem (restore) before.
thanks in advance and hope u can solve my problems

CHEERS

jbob

If Microsoft says its caused by a printer or modem driver, it may or may not be, but try uninstalling the printer and/or modem device then reboot. After restart, leave the machine on for the amount of time it would normally take to see the random restart problem you mention. If it doesn't reboot, this may have been the problem, and then you can reinstall the printer and modem drivers one by one, using the LATEST drivers for the device downloaded from the net. I always reboot after each device install even though XP may not require it. I'd also make very sure you're virus free and scan the whole machine obviously with current virus defs....hope this helps...

Rico

what driver was this for? what version of the driver was it? were u linked to the manufature website to dl the driver?

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
I have had this problem before, it has the exact same symptoms as my prblem. Basically, it is the graphics card drivers. I would hazard a guess at you running a system with a nVidia card in it. To resolve the problem just downgrade the driver to one from about a year ago. Sounds stupid i know but it worked wonders for me. Just make sure the driver you choose can support you desired resolution and can support the infamous DirectX 9.0c.

Hope this helps....