Problem with popup

redhawk44

I am using a dell computer w/windows 10. The problem I am having is that whenever I try to launch google search my default browser) I keep getting this interad

---microsoft.com/inculture/sports/reign-fc/?ocid=AID2379744_QSG_343654---

Does anyone here know how i can prevent this from happening? It is just bothersome and not a search stopper. Thanks for any help on this pest problem....

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Is it a popup or an actual webpage? Are you running an adblocker? Check to make sure you only have your homepage set to what you want to open. Sometimes an extra website will get added by mistake. Other than that, have you ran malwarebytes?

redhawk44

Yes, I have ran malwarebytes. What it is, is a different browser. It causes no real harm, but I am just tired of messing with it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What browser are you using? As I said, check your options for the home page to make sure you don't have a second page setup to open every time you open the browser. This is usually what happens.

redhawk44

OK thanks, I am using Google Chrome as a browser and I have selected it as my default browser. I will investigate the second page setup. Thanks again....