problem with re-use of WIN 7

Gazel

Hello,

In last 3 months i had been using of a trial version of win7, and I activated if only after timing up the trial, but my system was still restarting every single hour. I tried to install my old xp after that, but there was an error in the first part of reading the cd to install(it was same about another version of xp also) .
I was also unable to fdisk the system from MS dos, so I deleted my partitions and remake them again by a cd of vista (cause windows 7 didn't do it perfectly also) . then i tried to reinstall win 7 again, since i've got the serial number and so on. I activated it after installing also, but same problem happened and my pc restarted agai and again.
now, the only operation system that works in my pc is a vista, but i m not satisfied of that at all, cause my system became more slower than before and i should dl every single driver (but i can't find all :( )

I really appreciate your help.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you are talking about the RC version of windows 7, its designed to do that since the beginning of the month to remind users to install a full fledged final Operating system. Do to dell's website to download the remaining drivers.

Gazel

I don't know what kind of version is a RC. i installed a full version, and after activating, i could see that notification of " windows is activated" but it seems to be a fake note!

Hi

The Windows 7 Product Key (License) is perpetual, it never expires. You can reuse the key as many times as you wish, as long as the operating system is only installed on one computer at a time.
1. From the desktop, press the Windows Logo Key+R. This will bring up the Run dialog box.

2. In the Open: box, type slui 4 and press OK. This will start the manual activation wizard.

3. Select your Country in the drop down menu and click Next.

4. The wizard will display a Toll Free phone number. Leave the wizard open on the computer and call that phone number.

You will be given some recorded options. Select the option to talk to a live representative.

The representative will manually activate that system for you.

Let us know if you have any more problems.

Thanks

Gazel

You say its restarting every hour, actually it should be restarting every 2 hours. You say you have a trial version, that should be the RC(release candidate) version.

Have a read here.

http://www.e-typedesign.co.uk/uk/windows/windows-7/get/release-candidate.aspx

Did you pay for this version you have or did you download it online?
yes, u r right. in addition, my wallpaper also didn't change to a solid black background with a persistent message on the desktop.

I haven't paid. A friend of mine gave a copy to me. Would only paying for the upgrade be enough in my case or i should buy a full version? i had xp on my pc, and now i have vista