Problem with Seagate Barracuda

god008

Lately, my computer will just freeze slowly and nothing will work. In one instance, there was a balloon popup saying "Hard Drive Error". I have to manually power it down. The problem continues, and when I try to boot it back up, sometimes the process wouldn't work and say Hard Drive error and hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to Restart. Other times, it goes through but that's after I unplug my PSU cord and then turn off the PSU unit itself. Then turn it back on and plug the cord in. I don't get why but that works sometimes.

I am considering switching my Barracuda 250 gig I got from the Newegg. However, I bought it back in early November and I think the guarantee may be past its guarantee period.

Can you guys help? And may this be a virus? Because I download a fair bit from websites.

rok

You can plug another HDD and test. If that pbl apear,your main maybe damage.if it disapear,you'd change your HDD coz it maybe have pbl

dznutz

if you torrent a lot it could be a delated read/write error. normally you'd inrease your cache. increasing cache, in turn, needs more ram