Problem with selling my PC

fubar

I have tried putting my PC 4 sale but have not recieved any response from any buyers and I would like to know why.:(

The specs of the PC are:

antec sonata chassi
amd 64 3000+ socket 939
nforce4 board
1 GB dual channel pc3200 ddr400 ram
x700 pro gfx card
200 gb sata harddrive
cdrw drive

I've put $800 CAD as the asking price.

flame1117

banned
Where did you put it for sale? and exactly how did you type the ad? Including a picture can always help in finding a buying also.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hey

People like to know what exact companies made the different components. Therefore list those. It is always good to say (must be backed by truthful information), that the items are under warranty. I would aslo stress that the processor is 64 bit and how that is future-proof. You simply have to sell without making anything up. Also advertise it where the greatest audience can see you. www.ebay.com is a great place to start.

P.S.: A good selling point in any modern PC is a DVD burner. You can get one cheap and I guarantee that that would attract more possible buyers.

JAN :D

fubar

computingelite said:
lol its still got 5 days left and you're complaining? Get with it!

Well, its my first time selling on ebay but only 29 views, which most are mine since i set it as my startpage lol, seems a bit low to me.

computingelite

fubar said:
Well, its my first time selling on ebay but only 29 views, which most are mine since i set it as my startpage lol, seems a bit low to me.

LOL - there are like millions and millions of other desktop PCs on ebay as well ;)

flame1117

banned
Almost all bids come in at the end, remmeber that(by end i mean last few minites) also having a starting bid at 1$ will make yours sales at the end higher because more people look at it, but then you risk noit getting what you want.

And just wait, you'll prablyget a bid.

fubar

flame1117 said:
Almost all bids come in at the end, remmeber that(by end i mean last few minites) also having a starting bid at 1$ will make yours sales at the end higher because more people look at it, but then you risk noit getting what you want.

And just wait, you'll prablyget a bid.

Ok. But then I would have to have a reservation price and that costs extra because I wouldn't want to sell it for $5. :eek:

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
the starting price shoudl be down alot. and your feedback might put people off. do you know anyone with an ebay account that has good feedback that could sell it for you?

Geoff

VIP Member
There are a few reasons, since i sell alot on ebay, i know a good deal about it.

First off, if you dont have a features plus listing, then hardly anyone will even see it since the first few pages are always featured plus listings.

Second, the starting price is too high, that price is probably around what you paid for it right? Im selling my comp with a starting price of $550, if you start too high, then you might not get any bids. Also, when its a high starting price, no one really bids until there is less then 1 day left. You have nothing to worry about right now.

Another BIG factor, is that you have 0 feedback, people dont want to spend alot of money on someone who has very little feedback or none because there not sure if the seller will go through.

Another might be because your in Canada, there are a few people who dont want to buy from another country, also because you dont have the shipping price for the U.S., you should post that somewhere.

fubar

geoff5093 said:
There are a few reasons, since i sell alot on ebay, i know a good deal about it.

First off, if you dont have a features plus listing, then hardly anyone will even see it since the first few pages are always featured plus listings.

Second, the starting price is too high, that price is probably around what you paid for it right? Im selling my comp with a starting price of $550, if you start too high, then you might not get any bids. Also, when its a high starting price, no one really bids until there is less then 1 day left. You have nothing to worry about right now.

Another BIG factor, is that you have 0 feedback, people dont want to spend alot of money on someone who has very little feedback or none because there not sure if the seller will go through.

Another might be because your in Canada, there are a few people who dont want to buy from another country, also because you dont have the shipping price for the U.S., you should post that somewhere.

Thanks for your e-bay advice.

I paid a total of $1143 CAD dollars including tax.

What can I do to improve my creadability besides the feedback which I unfortunalty cannot change. :confused:

Geoff

VIP Member
well, you can start by making the desciption look professional, instead of using just ordinary black font, use FrontPage of Microsoft Word and create a description using different fonts, colors, ect, this will make it look more professional and may cause more people to consider buying.

There actually is a way to boost your feedback, you can click here and buy it for only $0.01 (You dont really have to pay). then i will leave you feedback, and it will boost your rating up to 1 and 100%, Unfortunately, you can only do this once, if you try to do it more, it wont increase your rating past 1 (unless someone else leaves you feedback after me).

Also, to attract more attention you can add a Border, Highlight, or a
f2d65e3e.gif
symbol. Or you can spend the extra $19.95 and upgrade to a featured plus listing.

Last edited:

fubar

geoff5093 said:
well, you can start by making the desciption look professional, instead of using just ordinary black font, use FrontPage of Microsoft Word and create a description using different fonts, colors, ect, this will make it look more professional and may cause more people to consider buying.

There actually is a way to boost your feedback, you can click here and buy it for only $0.01 (You dont really have to pay). then i will leave you feedback, and it will boost your rating up to 1 and 100%, Unfortunately, you can only do this once, if you try to do it more, it wont increase your rating past 1 (unless someone else leaves you feedback after me).

Also, to attract more attention you can add a Border, Highlight, or a
f2d65e3e.gif
symbol. Or you can spend the extra $19.95 and upgrade to a featured plus listing.

Thanks a lot for ur help! Really appriciate it! I bought the wallpaper and I want to leave you feedback. What would you prefer to have me write? :)

reciprokal

here are few tips for you:

1) u need to upload more pictures!!! one picture for a $800CAD item won't do you any good. especially your picture with messy wiring would put people off. For instance, take a large and clear picture of the whole case and pictures of the bios etc etc.

2)you would have to put more details for each component. For example: has the video card ever been overclocked? does the computer come with the OS? if it does, what is it? windows xp home or pro? what power supply does it come with? how many watts? what is the latency for the ram? etc etc. In your description, you should able to answer all these questions, so the bidder knows exactly what they are looking at.

3)you didn't list what type of payment do you accept? paypal or what? etc

fubar

reciprokal: thanks for ur reply!

hehe, i think it's a pretty clean install ;)

1) will do.

2) no o/c nor os. psu is antecs own quiet 380w. how do i check the ram latency and how do i write it?

3) isn't paypal listed as accepted payment?

Geoff

VIP Member
yes, paypal is listed as accepted payment, although they can use credit cards also through paypal. And i would also do what he said, add more pictures to it.

But also remember, buyers dont want to buy something that has been changed many times each day. So try and change everything at once early on, and dont change it again.