Problem with surround/speakers

Peter Jonsson

I have a problem with my newly bought speaker system. I recently bought a new computer and a 7.1 speaker system. My soundcard is called SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio and now I have a couple of questions.

1. I have plugged the speakers, and my subwoofer, front, center and rear speakers seem to work properly though my side speakers don't. The audio cable included have four plug-ins for the subwoofer. One for each type of speaker (front, rear and side) and also one for the subwoofer. The other end of the cable only have three plug-ins, one for the base (subwoofer), one for the front speakers and one for the rear speakers. Why is that when there are also two side speakers included. Note that I have a slot on my sound card called rear spekers so I think it supports 7.1 surround.

2. Another question is, now when I've plugged the speakers, what do I have to do to be able to use them when I, for example, want to listen to music? Because right now only my front speakers and subwoofer work.

mahnac

I have got the same sort of setup the logitech X-530, 5.1.

I also had the same problem.

Included with my sound system was a adapter so you could connect the speakers to a Xbox or playstation.

The adapter was 3x 3.5 inputs and one L&R rca output.

I then got a 3.5 audio to RCA cable, plugged it into one end of the adapter and plugged the 3x 3.5 audio sockets into the other end of the adapter

I hope this helps it may be a bit confusing!!!!

Peter Jonsson

Hmm I'm not sure how this could help me because I have a free socket for another cable on my computer, that is, a cable from the side speakers, but I have no cable to plug in.

Thanks anyway :)