Problem with Windows XP SP2 ... Will not switch from Classic look to "XP" look...

Anjay

Hey there,

Ok ... I've a major problem on my hands unfortunately.

The other night, I by accident changed my look from the standard XP look to the classic look ... Stupid? I know - Very!

However, now I've some major problems ... I cannot stick with the classic style since it refuses to work properly - It's really slow, and will constantly freeze and just won't work. Cannot do much at the same time.

Although, when I try to switch back to the XP style ... it just freezes, and I'm unable to change it back.

Does anyone know anything I could do?
How can I get my PC back to normal? - Without restoring it.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The other night, I by accident changed my look from the standard XP look to the classic look ... Stupid? I know - Very!
XP look is retarded :p

It's really slow
Uh, the classic interface has a lower resource overhead than the prettied up version.....

However, now I've some major problems ... I cannot stick with the classic style since it refuses to work properly - It's really slow, and will constantly freeze and just won't work. Cannot do much at the same time.
Although, when I try to switch back to the XP style ... it just freezes, and I'm unable to change it back
If classic refuses to work and it locks when you try to change ... sounds like your <system>\Themes folder got messed up ... try restoring that folder :)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Lol

Either that...or leave the classical look. Things should work better. I love mine plain and simple. It's often about choosing between the "practicality" of having a fancy look or lower resource hungry classic alternative, that in my view looks good as it is.

JAN :D

gibb89

I had a problem like this, the only way I resolved it was by either re-installing service pack 2 or getting a program called style xp.
Hope it works