Problems connecting to monitor...

tenox

banned
Hi !
I newly bought all new parts to set up a new computer. When i was finnished i could not get a picture on my monitor. I checked out with another monitor, but that didnt work either. It is extremly frustrating, because i have never been into this problem before. Do anyone know what the problem might be??
Thanx

Steffen

DanLatimer

what video card are you trying to use... check to make sure its pushed in all the way bc with agp if you dont push till the lock clicks it looks like its in but its not hehe. then you would be getting no video

bmq215

I'd lean towards a defective or improperly installed graphics card (unless you're using an onboard one) but that's just a guess. If you could post a list of what parts you've got it would be a lot easier to tell what's wrong. Read Questions 101, it will tell you exactly what info you need to post.

tenox

banned
more info...

Hi, thanx for your attention !

Yes the computer is starting up, and the monitor is working, but they cant connect to each other.

I cant seem to remember i heard a click, but im pretty sure its in.

Here is the list of the components :

Grafikk : Sapphire X800 XL Pci-express

Harddisk: Samsung SpinPoint P120S 200GB SATA2 8MB 7200RPM NCQ

Motherboard : Asus A8N-SLI, nForce4 SLI,Socket-939 ATX,S-ATA, GbLAN,Firewire,DDR, PCI-Ex16

Prossesor : AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2GHz Socket 939, 512KB, BOXED m/vifte

CD/DVD :
Sony DVD-spiller IDE 16x/40x Sort Bulk, DDU1612-B2

NEC DVD recorder ND-3540A IDE Black OEM DVD+R/+RW/DVD-R/-RW (Dual layer)

Memory : Corsair Value S PC3200 DDR-DIMM 1024MB Kit w/two matched Value Select 512MB

I hope this would help you guys !
And thanx Again !!!! :)