Problems installing Windows7 on new build

reservoirdog

Hi everyone. Building my 2nd computer, and having a bit of a hard time installing windows 7. Installed Power Supply, ASUS M4A88T-M MOBO, RAM, AMD Athlon II X3 455 RANA Processor, DVD ROM Drive and Hard Drive. Have not installed Wireless Network Adapter yet because instructions say to install software first. All the Hardware seems to be functioning fine. However, When installing the OS the system asks me where I want to install Windows, and there is nothing listed. When I refresh the screen, or try to "Load Driver" it tells me that no drives were found and to click "Load Driver" to provide Mass storage driver for installation. When I click load driver the system tells me that no signed device drivers were found, make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers. I've tried this with the Windows 7 installation CD, AND the MOBO Driver CD, same message. This is my 2nd MOBO. RMA'd the first because I thought it was defective, but now I'm pretty sure I'm defective. I don't remember having this problem with my first build. What am I forgetting to do? The Hard Drive is good (hooked it up to an enclosure connected to my other desktop) Please help. Thanks.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Go into the bios and make sure the sata controller is set to ide instead of ahci/raid.

reservoirdog

Went into BIOS under "Main Settings" and it's configured like this:
Primary IDE Master Not Detected
Primary IDE Slave Not Detected

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using a sata or ide hard drive? If IDE, then most likely the jumpers are not set right.

Last edited:

cabinfever1977

If your harddrive is ide,set the jumpers for cable select

when starting computer go to bios and see if your harddrive is listed and set the boot order of drives,then install windows

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So you have set up the raid in the bios and then booted to the raid utility to set up the array? Put the raid drivers on a usb flash drive so that you can install them when windows needs to detect the raid.