Problems playing Civilization 4...help ASAP

ChrisDVD

Hey guys.
I just recently*bought the game Civilization 4, and i like it quite alot. i'm just having problems. In the middle of the game, the screen tunrs black, and the Ci. cursor is the only thi ng you see.... then they ask wheter ot not to send the error to windows. After that, all my graphics in Windows are bad and wierd, so i have to restart my PC. This dosn't happen in Games like NFS-MW or things like that... so i was wondering what to do.

Here are my settings in my Nvidea card.
Screen Resolution: 1024×768
Screen Refresh rate: 75 hertz
Color Quality: Medium (it was at high, i put it down, no change in the game)
Image setting: Quality

Wyhen i downlaoded the game, Xfire came with it. I was never able to log in it or do anything... so perhaps that is the problem?

So anything i should change or do???

thx

Chris

DCIScouts

VIP Member
You can try uninstalling XFire (I didn't install it to begin with...), but I would be surprised if that changed anything. Most likely this really sounds like a graphics card driver issue. Do you still have that FX 5500? That seems a little weak of a card to be playing Civ 4 at that high of settings... Furthermore, you may have to do a little digging with the NVidia drivers to find ones that work a little better. What drivers are you using currently?

Gogey

Set down the settings, I've never had a problem with civ games really, except for a beyond the sword-created wonder/leader video display problem.

The graphics aren't really spectacular at high settings, and at low settings you'll be just as satisfied.

ChrisDVD

ok.... so who do i listen too??? :p lol

I guess if i put down the settings of the game it might have less problems then.... cuz NFS-MW plays well at high settings.... anyway, i'm gonna try to put settings down and i"ll come back to you...

thx,