Problems with computer restarting

EthanBradberry

So I bought myself a new GTX 1050 graphics card, because my computer used to restart every time I would play like more asking game it would restart or sometimes just shut down (my computer is fully cleaned and has or had dust whatsoever). One time it restarted watching a movie as well. So I figured out the problem is the graphics card. I had GTX 950 before. I got this graphics hard on Thursday and it was great. But today, I turned on my computer and after like 20 mins of it being turned on it restarted. I wasn't even doing anything on it and it just restarted. Maybe you guys know what's the problem? Maybe it's not the graphics card? I'm also adding the specs of my PC. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• Specs.jpg
    Specs.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 4

aldan

are those idle temps and what cooler are you using?download and run hw monitor to see your temps under load.no overclock?

OmniDyne

A restarting computer can be anything from faulty hardware to bad drivers.

When is the last time Windows was reinstalled?

I'd say the first step is to remove the 1050 card, and just run the onboard motherboard graphics. See if the computer restarts or shuts down.

Last edited:

EthanBradberry

I reinstall Windows pretty regularly. When it was happening I've tried reinstalling it, but it didn't really help. My exact power supply model would be Corsair CX450M 450W 80 Plus