Problems with IE11

EINREB

I am using Windows 7 and IE 11 and have consistent problems with it when on the Internet. IE frequently stops working, (" Internet Explorer has stopped responding" or "Internet Explorer does not answer", or "Recovering webpage") or can not process the website due to "an extensive long script"
What is going on? Will getting Windows 10 solve these problems? (which can be very annoying)
Any comments, anyone?

postman

try a reset of Internet Explorer, do this by:

· Close any Internet Explorer windows
· Click Start
· Click Control Panel
· Open Internet Options (you may have to switch from category view to icons to find this)
· Click the Advanced tab
· Click Reset…
· Click Reset
· Click Close
· Click OK
hth

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
try a reset of Internet Explorer, do this by:

· Close any Internet Explorer windows
· Click Start
· Click Control Panel
· Open Internet Options (you may have to switch from category view to icons to find this)
· Click the Advanced tab
· Click Reset…
· Click Reset
· Click Close
· Click OK
hth
Best way to troubleshoot the issue first. But in all honesty unless you require IE for something, I say switch to Chrome.

postman

....or Pale Moon version: 26.2.1 (x86 or 64bit), which runs very well on win7. add to that adblockers lattitude and Ublock origin ;)

voyagerfan99

Staff member
....or Pale Moon version: 26.2.1 (x86 or 64bit), which runs very well on win7. add to that adblockers lattitude and Ublock origin ;)
I was a pale moon user but Flash started giving me issues. It would crash and freeze the browser. With Chrome, Flash is built in and is automatically kept up to date ;)

postman

I was a pale moon user but Flash started giving me issues. It would crash and freeze the browser. With Chrome, Flash is built in and is automatically kept up to date ;)

ah yes .. i recall that and im pleased the latest version got it sorted, like the youtube compatibility, allowing users to choose between flash and html5 players on youtube. i use flashdisable, as it lets you disable and re-enable flash in a click. like all stuff, its what feels ok and works.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashdisable/?src=ss

btw, apologies to all for wandering off topic

Jiniix

Loved Pale Moon untill it started crashing upon seeing anything Flash based as well, now I'm back at Chrome.

EINREB

......... But in all honesty unless you require IE for something, I say switch to Chrome.

I tried to; I downloaded Chrome, but to use it, it insisted that I would open an new email address. I don't want that, I just want an other browser with all my old email addresses.
Did I do something wrong?

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I tried to; I downloaded Chrome, but to use it, it insisted that I would open an new email address. I don't want that, I just want an other browser with all my old email addresses.
Did I do something wrong?
You don't need to sign in to Google use Chrome. But if you create a Google account, it will allow you to backup your browsing data and add-ons and restore them on another computer just by signing into your Google account in Chrome.

EINREB

You don't need to sign in to Google use Chrome. But if you create a Google account, it will allow you to backup your browsing data and add-ons and restore them on another computer just by signing into your Google account in Chrome.
Let me try it again. I have a Google account, but it is for my Tablet.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Let me try it again. I have a Google account, but it is for my Tablet.
If you want to sign in with your Google account, it will sync your Chrome bookmarks, etc if that is what you desire. Just like I said above.