Problems with Monitor

tabatha_magic2

Hi all,

I have a Samsung syncmaster 940N monitor.
When I open a window even booting up everything fades in, when i close the window it fades out, even the mouse disappears. The mouse can be in one spot you move it it becomes unseen and will reappear whereever you have moved it to, or where ever.
I have updated the driver for the monitor, have no idea what to do anymore.
The computer is fine, any other monitor works great with it.

Any advise or help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tabby

jonnyp11

do you mean the graphics card, never heard of updating a monitor driver since they don't have them unless it's something with digital signals but i still don't think that's right, but i'd try installing the latest drivers for your graphics card on the website for them, so either amd or nvidia.com

tabatha_magic2

I don't know much about comps, i can replace the drive or wipe it, fix little things other then that its a no go.
That is probably what I" did update the graphics not the monitor as you said.
This comp is afriends, its a compaq presario,
I did update the ram for her as it was slow as, its just the monitor. You boot it up and its like its making a grand slow entrance fading in, then when you try to open another window it slowly fades in and to close it slowly fades off into the background, its driving me nuts. I have never seen this before and the mouse is there one minute go to move it and it disappears. If it was my monitor i'd chuck it in the bin like yesterday.

jonnyp11

yeah, this is the graphics driver not the monitor, the monitor can only display what it's given, but go to the start button in the bottom left corner, click it, then right click on the comuter/my computer spot, then click on properties, if this is win-xp then go to the hardware tab and go to the device manager, if win-7, then in the top right corner there will be a device manager link. Now find the display adapters filr tree and expand it, there will be the name of your praphics card/drivers, now if it says amd/ati then go to amd.com and highlight the support and drivers in the top right corner and navigate threw the windows and install it, if it isn't one of those it should be a nvidia card, so go to nvidia.com and basically do the same thing, but the link will be in the top left corner not right.

tabatha_magic2

I clicked on the display adapters and Intel(R) 82945G Chipset Family came up, right clicked on it followed prompts to update said it has the latest.

????????????????????????????????

Still not working properly, help please

linkin

VIP Member
You said in the first post that any other monitor works fine? The monitor is at fault. Check all connections on it, though I suspect it's just faulty.