Problems with my wireless card.

SMGOwnage

Hello, my wireless card, which is a TP-LINK WN350GB, which runs on a PCI lane, Has some problems starting up.

I had this in my old system which I recently upgraded from and it was working fine. When I turn on my system (BTW I'm running Windows 7 64 bit) windows loads up but the wireless bar in the taskbar has a monitor with a red "x" over it saying "No network connections avaliable" but once I restart the computer it comes up fine and works.

Anyone know the fix?

My specs are in my siggy.

Thanks

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check the event viewer for any delays in loading the driver or service for it. I remember a couple years ago HP printer software hindered loading up the network connection icon. This may be similar.

SMGOwnage

I dont have any HP software installed and this is a fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit.

This is also a brand new motherboard since I built my new computer last week so would you reccomend a BIOS update?

And I also checked the Administrive events in event viewer in windows and it does say something about WLAN, saying "WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped."

And the Event ID is 4001, just in case you needed to know.

Thanks for the reply

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well, what I would do is uninstall the software then reboot the pc and then reinstall it. Usually that fixes it.

Make sure you have the latest driver for you OS.

SMGOwnage

Ok sure I will give that a shot thanks and I will report back here the results.

And the drivers I got were of the CD that came with it, should I go online and find a newer version?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you should. Also, I tried finding the model number you listed and only came up with the following.

TL-WN350GD
TL-WN350G

Are you sure thats the correct model number?

SMGOwnage

Sorry for the typo it is the 350GD and I am currently on a different computer so I will check in the morning.

SMGOwnage

Thanks for the link, my internet got slowed down so the download may take some time.

I just dont know why its doing this thing where on my old computer where this was installed on it would work all the time.

SMGOwnage

No I wasn't I was running Win 7 only diffrence it was 32 bit but when I put the HDD in my new computer, after I configured it to run on the new Motherboard I still got the same error but after the restart it was all fixed.

Could this be a mobo problem? It worked on my earlier system and that mobo was and ECS Branded LGA 775.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Then maybe its a 64bit issue, not sure. You also may want to try windows update to see if there is an updated driver available.

SMGOwnage

Yeah well I still gotta install the SP1 Windows update, that could have something to do with it.

And I also installed latest drivers, after the restart wireless was working, but it usually doesn't work overnight while im asleep.

I will have a full test tomorrow after I wake up, if it works then problem solved!

If not, grrrr, we'll figure out something.

TekMaster

Have you gone back to the very beginning and made sure your card has a good connection? contacts clean? From bare base, the problem does not look to be H61 northbridge related, continue from there and make your way up

SMGOwnage

Ok I opened up my computer and reseated the wireless card, wiped the gold contacts but still didn't load up wireless until I restarted my computer.

Could there be a BIOS setting that could be contributing to this problem?

Thanks for your help!

SMGOwnage

Ok now something VERY strange is happening with this issue.

The wireless problem come up again when I started up my PC this afternoon, but instead of restarting my computer I decided to shut it down and turn it back on from the power.

When I did that now the wireless isn't showing up then I tried restarting my computer and wireless was working again.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Jamebonds1

Your motherboard might have PCI controller problem in BIOS. You should update BIOS or reflash BIOS.

*WARNING* Update or reflash BIOS is at your own risk, I can't promise that it is safe for you to installing BIOS.