Problems with Short Cuts

mange

First off, I am dumb as a rock when it come to computer. But, am a fast learner, and also very interested.

At my age, (72) I would not even attempt to learn to program software. However, I am interested in learning the operation of computers. And, also have had some success at repairing some.

But, other day, I left a request for help because I was having problems pulling up my short cuts. Some would come up and some would not.

So, since I read that add ons in the browser would conflict and cause the problem. I switched over to Mozilla Firefox browser and the problem went away.

However, in saying that, I did a little over kill and disabled the add on on IP. and erased lots of stuff. so, not sure which cure corrected the problem.

Jeez, it would be nice to know what I was doing. But, persistence is very helpful in over coming many probs.

However, I still would appreciate additions advise, even tho my problem seems to have went away.

Thanks,

mange

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 44

mange

By shortcuts, do you mean toolbars and such on your internet browser?

Forgive me for sounding dumb.

Shortcuts, for example: when you pull up a site on the browser and want to save it on favorites. When I save the site in Favorite, and then am unable to pull up the site again. By, short cuts, when I transfer the saved site from the Favorite window, to the desk top. They would not open the site. From the Favorite window or from the short cut icon dragged over to the desk top.

So, yes, from the Browser and not from computer system like making a short cut from the "C" drive for example.

Hope I am making sense.

Thanks for responding to my Thread.

Please send me more messages if this is not clear.

I am going to attach a screen shot of my desk top to show you an example. Before, I could not open several of these: Computer Forum, FreePokerCash Bankroll, Cardz247, PokerStars, Railbirds. ( Forgive the poker sites) Now, with Mozilla Firefox, I can pull up the short cut icon as mentioned on Desk top.

Mike
Virginia Beach

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Jul. 24 17.50.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Jul. 24 17.50.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 39

ScottALot

Okay, so it's a desktop shortcut that navigates to a website on the internet. Does it lead you to a blank page or does it not do anything at all?

mange

Okay, so it's a desktop shortcut that navigates to a website on the internet. Does it lead you to a blank page or does it not do anything at all?

Here is the message I recieve.

Thank you,

Mike

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 24 18.53.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 24 18.53.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 40

ScottALot

Right-click on the shortcut, go to properties, and make sure there's actually something in the URL/link box.