Probs with burning DVDS ????

GimpsGTP

i tried to copy a dvd today once it was done i put it in the dvd player and it played the first like min ok then everything got scrambled , is there some sort of copy protection on them or something that would keep me from copying them? how do you get around it?
Thanks
Nick

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Could be protection
2. Sounds like a combination of either crappy media and/or burning too fast

GimpsGTP

The DVD i was burning was a good copy, and i burned it on the slowest setting , is there a way to tell before you burn if theres copy protection or not

ZER0X

VIP Member
i tried to copy a dvd today once it was done i put it in the dvd player and it played the first like min ok then everything got scrambled

When you burnt it, it wasn't compressed was it?

Nephilim

VIP Member
What software did you use?

What make/model burner are you using? Firmware version?

What specific brand/type media have you used?

Are you copying an original or making a copy of a copy?

GimpsGTP

I have a sony 16x dvd burner, i use TDK DVD +R disc's , i have NTI DVD-maker gold version 6.7. I just went to video-copy video, put the original DVD in the cd rom and put the blank in the burner and hit copy.
Nick

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno about that program but it sound very "user friendly" to me which prolly means it doesnt do a good job. Definitely have a go at using DVDShrink :)

Geoff

VIP Member
If your trying to copy a dvd movie (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Finding Nemo, Etc) it will not work. There is copy protection on DVD Movies, if your copying a home movie or something, then it might be somethign wrong with the decoder.