processor benchmarking

apj101

VIP Member
x2 6000+

not too happy with it at the moment though, the whole system is still unstable. Its crashing randomly and without explanation. So far its happened about 5 times tonight and its really getting on my nerves!

psu is normally the cause of symptoms like that

StrangleHold

Staff member
I thought that too but most of the time a P/S will make it restart instead of freezing up, could have something to do with the 8 pin cpu power connector and just using a 4 pin with a X2 6000

jimmymac

VIP Member
aye i would expect restarts if the PSU was at issue rather than it just freezing, no way i can check out the 4pin/8pin problem without a replaced psu.....

apj101

VIP Member
aye i would expect restarts if the PSU was at issue rather than it just freezing,
ah, well that make it less likely. But certainly doesnt rule it out. As you said in the other thread, its most likely due to the parts youve upgraded.

jimmymac

VIP Member
ah, well that make it less likely. But certainly doesnt rule it out. As you said in the other thread, its most likely due to the parts youve upgraded.

its also most likely to give me a breakdown soon too, i certainly wont be upgrading for a while once i have this one sorted!

Will get onto Aria tomorrow and see about this exchange, hopefully by tomorrow evening i'll know where i am at

jimmymac

VIP Member
gonna need it! i'll be putting on the serious and diplomatic head tomorrow, nobody at Aria is getting away until i get my way...

Although knowing me i'll psyche meself up for an argument only to find them to be perfectly nice and accepting and changing it all without a problem :p

apj101

VIP Member
Although knowing me i'll psyche meself up for an argument only to find them to be perfectly nice and accepting and changing it all without a problem
I hate it when they do that!

jimmymac

VIP Member
4rce6nc.jpg

:D

jimmymac

VIP Member
Well after a little testing it seems every problem has been solved by this change

Previously I couldnt install windows to my SATA at all as it would crash on comletion, the XP install on the IDE drive was massively unstable, not able to tax it before it died.

My SATA DVD-rw would read but would not write in any piece of software i had, a whole host of issues.

Since the change over everything is running perfectly smoothly, just finished doing a burn test, all is good. Thank god for that!

jimmymac

VIP Member
Bimey i aint been there in ages, probably a completely new generation of animals now, most likely i saw the paarents of the ones you saw :p

Kornowski

VIP Member
lol, Yeah, it was great, I think I took like 380 photos, so there are plenty of animals! I started a thread about it in the camera section :)