Processor/MOBO

RainDownMyBlues

New Member
So I have a new PSU and Video card on the way to give my current machine a little bit of life. Nothing fancy, a name brand 550W PSU and a HD5770 as I assumed I was going to wait until January to redo the rest of the machine...


However I just sold a piece out of my live guitar rig that netted me an extra $300. I was wondering suggestions for a Processor and Motherboard for that or under.

Would prefer two PCI-E slots. Thanks guys.
 
What do you mean? Specs of what? Just sata Dvd drives and HDD's. Currently is an old Pentium D dual core 3.0Gh.

Go on newegg.com and search for motherboard/cpu combo deals!!

There are several decent deals for 300 dollar range, although I might recommend spending just a bit more and get a nice quad + asus mobo!
 
Go on newegg.com and search for motherboard/cpu combo deals!!

There are several decent deals for 300 dollar range, although I might recommend spending just a bit more and get a nice quad + asus mobo!

I've been having better luck with Tiger Direct on prices to be honest. I also don't know a ton about MOBO's anymore though.

I'm still not completely sure if I should go AMD or Intel though. Two things I love about AMD is their habbit to continue reverse compatibility. And their prices are always much Cheaper. I can get their flagship 965 A3 socket for under 200 bones. It's a 3.4 Ghz Quad. Intel is sooo much more expensive.

I've never owned AMD though. Always had intel, never been overly impressed, but I've never had their power house models as I usually cannot afford them :P
 
Back
Top