Processor or Ram

evilmankey

New Member
I am currently in the process of upgrading my comp. As of yesterday, I purchased a 9800 GTX. <<<FAST. Now the question I have is, should I upgrade my 2gb of 533mhz ram to 4gb of 800mhz or1066mhz, or should I upgrade my pen4 3ghz to a quad core 2.66ghz. I will eventually buy both parts but I was wondering which you guys think I should replace first??

Thanks

-Evilmankey
 
or should I upgrade my pen4 3ghz to a quad core 2.66ghz

cpu first. Does your mobo support core2?

most p4 era boards will only support the P4, or sometimes the Pentium D. Its rare to find boards that play nice with core2s?

May need to update bios / replace board
 
and who ever suggest memory k that isnt gunna stop his p4 from bottlenecking the shit outta that gpu.. personally id get the quad or even a nice core2 if ur mobo can support it
 
CPU most definitely, but the RAM shouldn't be very expensive I just picked up 4GB of DDRII 800 myself for 35 bucks. lol your rig is turning out to be a lot like mine.
 
You will probably see more performance gains with the RAM. The quad processors start to shine in rare multi-tasking jobs like web-serving.
 
Back
Top