Processor that won't sterilize me :P

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Haha, I'm not concerned about this because I rarely use my laptop on my lap, but heat really annoys me. I'm just wondering what the coolest processor avaliable not is. I don't care about performance...well, not totally. I'd like something at least as good as my current machine(Sempron 2800, intergrated graphics)

I don't think I'll get anything right off, but I'd like to start seeing what's around. I considered the Apple MacBook, but I hear it gets very hot. About all other machines use higher end processors, and basically every review I've found talks about how hot they become. About the only one that I think runs cool are the Lenovo Thinkpads... Can anyone confirm this or tell me of a better machine?

Are there other x86 processors around to look into? I know there used to be Transmeta, but I can no longer find any on newegg. I'm about to look elsewhere, but I suspect there will just be leftover stock...

kitmk

i think the new intel core duos run cool, cos they use a lower voltage cos of new architecture or somethign like that, so yea, they are cool

anil099

wait does putting the laptop on ur lap really steralize you? lol cuz i just gotta laptop and put it on my lap and its like my legs and other areas between my legs go numb afterwards lol

Motoxrdude

Nope its true. And laptops do lower your sperm count, because the heat and all. Anywho, back on subject.

Bobo

banned
Nope its true. And laptops do lower your sperm count, because the heat and all. Anywho, back on subject.
Well that makes sense, but who cares?

*looks down below*

Uhoh! I only have 13,456,843 sperms today!!! I should have 13,536,982!!! AAAAAHH!!!

Anyway...

Any mobile processor should be fine. Even my non-mobile PIII doesn't get anywhere near hot enough to hurt anything.

@anil099:
only 2 colors and 10 lines allowed in a signature.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Haha, yup... Though like I said, I don't use it on my lap basically at all... It'd still be nice to not have to worry about such a problem!