processor wont go in

glennxx1

well, i believe im about to go blind, but me, a lead pencil and a razor blade just bent all 3 pins back to where they appeared to have originaly been,

i feel like i may lose my vision after stairing at an ocean of symetrical pins but hopefully it will work?

lol

glennxx1

damn it, i just read that after i locked my processor into place.....and i 100% for sure dont want to fry my processor...so i guess im taking it all back out :\

lovely?

well hold on

i have bent back pins before and it ended up working, so all may not be lost if you can look at it and cant tell the difference from it and the other pins, or it looks almost exactly normal, it SHOULD work.

glennxx1

if i fry my q6700 im going to murder myself lol, my power supply will be here tomorrow...i guess we'll see what happens, the pins where within a hair of where they had to be

glennxx1

is silicon gel (thermal paste?)a must for the heatsink/fan assembly? my assembly has 3 lines of grey stuff on the bottom of it, (from intel) should i be good?

Geoff

VIP Member
is silicon gel (thermal paste?)a must for the heatsink/fan assembly? my assembly has 3 lines of grey stuff on the bottom of it, (from intel) should i be good?
If the heatsink already had thermal compound on it, then no, theres no need to add more or replace it, unless you really want that extra 1-2C cooling difference.

glennxx1

just wanted to update you guys, it worked :) im wiring everything up (trying to) effeciently now so i dont have that much clutter