Program Logger

malikah

Hi, I was wondering if there's a program that logs all the files and registry keys added during an install? There's a program I'm not sure about and want to see what it's up to when I install it. Cheers.

royalmarine

spybot search and destroy has a nifty tool built in called teatimer that gives you a message every time a program tries to change your registry.

malikah

spybot search and destroy has a nifty tool built in called teatimer that gives you a message every time a program tries to change your registry.

Hmm, it sounds helpful. Will it tell me all the files and registry changes or will it just tell me that a program is trying to use the registry?

G25r8cer

I believe combofix shall tell you any file created within the past few days! But if your not an experienced user you should NOT use combofix!!

malikah

I believe combofix shall tell you any file created within the past few days! But if your not an experienced user you should NOT use combofix!!

Also a good suggestion, but I guess what I really need is a program that's running while I install another program.

For example: Program "A" would be keeping an eye on Program "B" to see what files and registry keys Program "B" is installing on my system.

G25r8cer

Also a good suggestion, but I guess what I really need is a program that's running while I install another program.

For example: Program "A" would be keeping an eye on Program "B" to see what files and registry keys Program "B" is installing on my system.

Oh ok! If anyone finds such a program I would be interested also! I like to keep my pc clean.