Program that checks the hardware.

Exoclap

I noticed that my computer was running really slowly the past few days so I took it to my friends house and he showed me a really cool program that checks the hardware for any issues. He aunched the software on my computer from BIOS and left it running for about 3-4 hours after the time had passed we came back and the results showed that my disk was damaged and that I need to replace it. I replaced the disk with a new one and everything is now working fine.
My question is does anyone know any software that does that kinda of stuff because I really want to test my other computers.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Only certain OEM's will have a utility installed that you can boot to that will test your HDD, memory, Video, etc. This is probably what you had. What computer do you have? There are always programs that you can use separately that can test HDD and Ram such as the hard drive makers disk diagnostic utility and Memtest86 to test the ram. I'm not sure if there is stand alone retail program that will test everything.

Agent Smith

There are many. Off the top of my head there's Hiren's BootCD and UBCD4Win. I have another and I can't remember the name now.

Agent Smith

Ccleaner doesn't fix or diagnose computer issues. Nor is it an anti-virus solution like many people think. All it does is remove temp files and old registry keys. But I would also run System Ninja. You will be very surprised what System Ninja finds that Ccleaner doesn't.