Program to clean out computer?

dsella

banned
Is there any program that cleans out your computer and deletes unnecessary files, or files that are just taking up space? Because I have 52.1gb free, but there can't possibly be that much taken up out of a 160gb hard drive. I would say I should have around 80gb. Thanks ahead of time!

G25r8cer

CCleaner will do the job well!! Use tuneup utilities or disk cleanup to delete old restore points!!

ceewi1

VIP Member
ATF Cleaner is another one that will get rid of useless temporary files, I also suggest you take a look through your Add or Remove Programs list and remove any programs that you no longer use, as they can take up quite a bit of space.

Candy

When I ran CCleaner for the first time on my old computer it removed about 4GB of junk lol.

jw214

i use ccleaner as well. i also use one called cleanup which seems just as safe. then ive also been checking out eusing free registry cleaner.

cohen

Ccleaner!!!!!

CCleaner will remove many unwanted files and help you clean out junk from your harddrive.

CCleaner will do the job well!! Use tuneup utilities or disk cleanup to delete old restore points!!

In my opinion CCleaner is one of the best programs for cleaning your computer.

When I ran CCleaner for the first time on my old computer it removed about 4GB of junk lol.

i use ccleaner as well. i also use one called cleanup which seems just as safe. then ive also been checking out eusing free registry cleaner.

CCleaner does work extremely well for a free utility.

GO CCLEANER!!!!!! :):)

zeke1312

I keep seeing posts that claim CCleaner is "free" yet to enable to use the software to clean more than 50 entries, a pop up asks you to purchase the utility. ??

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I keep seeing posts that claim CCleaner is "free" yet to enable to use the software to clean more than 50 entries, a pop up asks you to purchase the utility. ??

I've been using this smexy peice of software for more than a year baby! Never come across no purchase addcrap! ;)

I have ccleaner and no popups.. ccleaner is the best program - best utility I would actually say I have ever used. Here's why.

1. Free.
2. Small program size.
3. Fixes registry problems (prompts for you to backup changes which is good)
4. Latest free version can re-write files 35 times to delete them securely.
5. Deletes temp, cache, recycle bin, and you can choose what to/not delete.

Lol, every other post here is about Ccleaner. We need to sticky ccleaner faq's lol. :)

cohen

i have never heard of it having pops up and being a bought program....

download it from the actual CCLEANER website....

zeke1312

OK, when googling CCleaner, several selections come up with a couple that "look" like CCL but are not. What is a good valid site to download from?