programs closeing freqently

spread25

programs closeing freqently PLEASE HELP ME!!!

on my computer some of the programs i have like norton antivirus, norton presonal firewall and dos,run, and some other ones but i dont know what is causing this to happen is it a virus or something

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If DOS doesnt run then you're best off reinstalling the OS as very critical things have gone missing/corrupted

spread25

is that the only thing i can do to fix this problem and would reinstalling the OS delete the programs and the games that i already have on my computer now

Nephilim

VIP Member
If things are messed up to the point that a core program like DOS won't run then, yes, you should reinstall your OS.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well thats because DOS is antiquated and not properly supported under NT5-based OSes (of which XP belongs). You can try the compatability modes available under XP but that might not work

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
It could be but that's something I kinda assumed you'd check out already (or rather, first) :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
No what i meant was... did you run an virus scan and spyware check (just to make sure)? :)

spread25

oh yea i did try that first but it dident find anything but i am using a demo of a antivirus beacouse norton dont run

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I would still consider an OS reinstallation as it definitely seems something is messed up really bad :(

spread25

today i ran my virus portection sevral times an on the second to last it found a trojan and my problem went away but i wolud like to know why my virus protection dident cach this before becouse this fixed all my problems my norton is run, run is runing, dos is running every thing is running.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Update your definitsion
2. You got another virus that was detected today
3. Run the virus scan at boottime :)