Programs disappeared along with settings folder...

syxxthmunky

Hi everyone,

So i was just sorting my C drive out 2 hours ago, i right clicked the Documents and Settings folder and clicked hide and then apply and ok (wanted to hide some files so my brother can't get into them - he's more of a computer n00b than i am hehe) and omg the whole folders gone! i have no idea why :confused: i tried going into windows to find it but i can't find it. Plus when i click on my favourites to access my fav internet links, they are gone too! and everytime i try to re-save the links, it asks me if i want to replace the link because it's obviously still there. Just 10 mins ago, i clicked start and then programs and everythings gone from there!!! :eek: however the programs are still in my C drive, i can still open them but there isnt't any shortcut links anymore when i go start, programs, anyone know how i messed up and how to correct these problems? Even the shortcuts on my desktop are gone like my internet access and program shortcuts.

Will be appreciated if i can get some replies :(

Thanks!

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
In the explorer go to Folder options, View tab and select Show hidden files and folders.