Programs for reading dump files, changing settings

Currency

I ran memtest for over 24 hours without errors. But with all four, 4GB sticks installed. I work everyday, with over an hour drive time each way, so to test all four sticks would take me at least four days if I tested for 24 hours each run.

I believe I still have memtest on my flash drive though.

Currency

Here is the information from the full memory dump on the 0x3b bugcheck, also says memory.

* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, 0, fffff880078c9ee0, 0}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

16.3: kd:x86> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff880078c9ee0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
+0
00000000`00000000 ?? ???

CONTEXT: fffff880078c9ee0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880078c9ee0)
eax=00000001 ebx=fffff880 ecx=00000000 edx=0304f85c esi=078cab60 edi=fffff880
eip=0304f8c0 esp=00000000 ebp=00000000 iopl=0 nv up di pl nz ac pe nc
cs=0000 ss=0018 ds=a8c8 es=fa80 fs=2b30 gs=0000 efl=0000001c
00000000`0304f8c0 ?? ???
Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to 0000000000000000

STACK_TEXT:
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x0

STACK_COMMAND: kb

SYMBOL_NAME: ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

BUCKET_ID: INVALID_KERNEL_CONTEXT

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would also try changing video cards to see if everything works ok. I guess the memory issue could also reference the memory on the gpu. You don't need to run memtest for 24 hours, a couple hours would be sufficient.

Currency

I have my older XFX 5770 1GB model under my desk about to be shipped to a buddy in another state. I could test it since I know I never had any issues with it in my old PC. I won't disregard the main memory as being a problem. Tonight I tested the first 4GB stick, 21 passes with no errors while I was at work. I'm currently only running 2x4gb which is enough for my everyday normal tasks, and gaming. But I'll test the second stick I put in tomorrow while I'm at work, working my way through all four sticks.

I've also heard that I should test them in different slots? So since I tested the first stick in the #1 slot, I could test another in #2, #3, and last one in #4 slot to found out if one of the slots are bad? The sticks are in dual channel slots now, so although it's only 8gbs total my overall performance may increase slightly, something I may not even notice. :(

Thank you for your help John.

I've been having issues with Blue Screens since the very first night the system was pieced together. I had to RMA my old 5770 because it overheated 98.7C in BF3, although xfx didn't find anything wrong with the old card, they replaced it and in my opinion the replacement just seemed slower, I couldn't play on the same settings as before because the frame rate was lower. Hopefully If it turns out to be the sapphire card I won't have the same problem. If it turns out to be a bad memory stick I may go 2x8gb sticks.

Should mention that I cannot understand why it never, I mean never, has blue screened while gaming. Has when launching a game, many times while loading or watching an online video, or loading up a flash game. I was playing a flash game online the other night when I got the x50 error from Firefox. I play a lot of games, BF3, Sim City, GTA IV, Tomb Raider, Shogun, L4D one and two, Euro Truck sim, spinwheel, beamNG, and others. Mainly at 1680x1050 High/Ultra settings, max resolution supported by my Acer 22" LCD.

Last edited:

Currency

Thus far I've ran 21 passes on stick #1 in the #1 slot with no errors.
I've ran 20 passes on stick #3 in the #3 slot with no errors.
"I have 19 passes on stick #2 in the #2 slot, no errors."
"Final test, stick #4 in the #4 slot ran 20 passes without errors"
Will update tomorrow night after completing stick #2 in slot #2. Good news is, I had no blue screens last night. Suspecting either stick #2/#4 are bad, or slot #2/#4 are bad. I generally don't have many nights without blue screens.

"Everything in quotations are what has been added to this post as more testing is complete. Thought on my way to work today, that stick #2 in the #2 slot would pass fine, and stick #4 in the #4 slot, closest to the 212 EVO, and a pain to put back in and remove would be the bad one. Will know in around 24 hours from now."

Last edited:

Currency

So having ran both memtest86+ on all four sticks, separately, and all indifferent slots without any errors and Microsoft memory diagnostics. I'm not sure if the video card or CPU memory may be bad. Now if the video memory was bad in one way or another, why is it I never have a blue screen while gaming which would stress the GPU and CPU more than anything else I do with this system?

I'm at a near complete loss, thus far, am still running 2x4GB sticks in dual channel and have yet to get any errors this way with little to no performance loss that I can really notice while gaming and what not. Will update again if I have another blue screen, otherwise I don't know where to go now since I don't think they make any programs to test GPU memory faults.....

If I continue not having any blue screen's while running 2x4GB dual channel, I'll purchase a 2x8GB set and sell the 4x4GB set. I did notice all but one stick tested at 9,9,9,24 timings while one tested at 6,6,6,20 in the third slot. Would that be any problem? When checking CPU-z it shows all sticks running 9,9,9,24 timings.

Thanks for your input John.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, those weird timings may be the issue and not sure why that would happen. I would definately try different ram or as you suggested get 2 x 8gb sticks and see what happens.

Currency

Been running the 2x4GB sticks in dual channel for a while now without one single blue screen. I have switched between the two I was running, and the other 2x4GB sticks and still no blue screens. Has to be something to do with the 4x4GB sticks.
Am going to contract Gigabyte in regards to this today and see what they have to say about it, all the sticks have tested fine in all four slots, so the memory is not at fault here, so it's either Windows, or the board.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes when running all 4 sticks you have to increase the memory voltage to run stable. However, I thought they fixed the issue for some time now. Maybe a bios update will work.

Currency

Running the newest Bios, F9 since last I looked they haven't ever really updated it. The VLP set I have can run at 1.35, but has XMP profiles to run at 1.5 volts. I've run them with and without XMP and still continued having issues. That's why I'm at a loss. Not sure what to do in order to use all 16GB's, unless I used them in two systems. :D

Unless you mean bumping the voltages up manually.

Currency

Gigabyte tech support recommends the following.

What type of particular applications running when the issue occurs?
Do try testing the system with only just the bare minimal hardware installed
and only have just the following hardware inserted.
- cpu along with heatsinkfan
- single stick of memory
- onboard video
- single hdd and optical drive

Any issue with the above setup configuration?
If not gradually add the remaining memory back into the system one at a time to
check when the issue occurs.

Currency

Well crap.

The system has ran fine with all 16GB's of memory installed, without the sapphire card for a few days. No blue screens. Have contacted sapphire support regarding an RMA and will hopefully hear something from them soon.

Of course they will insist I test this, and test that, before paying around $20 to ship the card to them for testing. Guess I'm sticking in the old 5770 until I hear something. Glad I didn't ship it out to Missouri which I should have a month ago. :D

wonder what I'll get in return? They haven't sold any 7870 XT's on Newegg for months now.

"EDIT"
2:45AM, now running the older 5770, will see what this beast can do with an I5 helping push pixels compared to the old AMD 235E :D

Last edited:

Currency

So close, but still so far away. Another 0X50. here is the information. See attached file for more information. :(

Exact same one as before, just mentions memory corruption but doesn't point to anything but ntoskrnl.exe which according to the wiki, "is responsible for various system services such as hardware virtualization, process and memory management, etc." Memory mismanagement perhaps? Generally get this when FireFox freezes up. So firefox could be causing it, but why? Who knows. I've attempted to fix this issue for going on six months and nothing seems to help.

Attachments

• 100813-11887-01.zip
    23.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it says memory corruption and looks like firefox was the process blamed for it.

In instances like this its either bad ram, bad ram on video card or just a bad motherboard.

Currency

Yeah it's a pain in the butt. I tested the system with on board video which kind of sucks in comparison to the 7870 XT or my older 5770 without any issues. I dropped in my old 5770 and the second night had the same blue screen.

So its not the video card, unless both are bad, but the 5770 worked without issues in my old system. I'll be testing the 7870 XT in my old system sometime this week or this weekend to unsure the video card is not an issue.

So I'll assume it's either the motherboard, or memory. Although memtest86+ didn't produce any errors when testing the memory, it could still be bad.
Also, sapphire support suggested flashing the motherboard from F9 Bios to the F10C beta Bios, which I'm not comfortable doing since it's a Beta version and the description only stated improved Lan compatibility.

I'm just at a loss but will test the video card in another system although I know it's not the problem, both gigabyte and sapphire support asked me to.

Last edited:

Currency

Now testing the memory @ 1,333 Mhz with a bios adjustment. According to gigabyte support if the memory is causing a compatibility problem running it at 1,333 compared to 1600 may fix it. I may lose a little performance but who knows how much?

Sapphire still wants me to test the GPU in another system, after I told them I had the same problem with two different video cards and didn't have the problem with on board video. :confused:

Currency

Going to call it quits on this thread, Thanks for all of your help John. I'm sure you, as I was, to the point of pulling hair out. Seems this may have been a compatibility issue with the memory speed. Not exactly sure what would cause this, but running the 1,600 sticks at 1,333 has seemed to kill the 0X50 blue screens. I'll know for sure in a few days time but hopefully they are gone for good.

Thanks again for all the help with this problem, I do wish more people would have voice an opinion on this issue though. :)