programs not opening after certain time

boglary

Hi! I am not sure if this is the right place to write as I just guess the problem is with the memory, however this is my question to find out what causes the problem.
My problem is that after a certain time no programs are opening. It is like frozen. I can use what is already opened but as if there wasn't enough memory to open new softwares. It comes especially if I go out for ten minutes and the computer is not used. By the time I am back, I can't use it, have to switch off with the main button and on again.
Did anyone have any similar problems? Why I don't think it is the memory because we just put more memory in. But it should work. I have quite a few hard drives built in, at least 3 and one external as well. Would it be a problem? Is it software or hardware problem at all?
It would be so good to know as I can't reinstall Windows in every 3 months.
Thank you!

linkin

VIP Member
What are your specs? CPU, HDD, RAM etc. Google search for CPU-Z if your are not sure. download and run it, and post everything it says.
try pressing ctr+alt+del to see what is eating up your memory. also, hit start, then run and type "msconfig" and post what is in the startup tab. I'm willing to bet you have a lot of programs installed that are set to run on startup.

boglary

Thank you. I hit run and msconfig and there are 22 softwares ticked. Di I need to untick a few? what is necessary to be there?
I also downloaded CPU-Z. It says lots of things. Under CPU tab says AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (Dual core processor).
Under Caches: There are 3 Caches, two is 64 kB, and one is 512 KB.
Mainboard: ASUSTek Computer INC. Model M"N-E
Memory: Type DDR2, size 2048 MB, channels Dual.
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 7900/GT/GTO