Project Ideas

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you are aware, in a previous thread (http://www.computerforum.com/223378-programming.html), a few of us decided to start a software project.

This thread is to gather potential ideas for something we could take on. Specific implementation details will come later.

It can be as simple or complicated as you like, although a simple idea will be more likely to be selected. If it goes well, we may return and try a other ideas that get submitted here.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I was also thinking that it would be cool to make nice Windows utility.Maybe not Ccleaner lol,but something useful.

But I guess not everyone agrees with that idea,so...I don't know what we are going to make lol...

Troncoso

VIP Member
The Windows only part is a turn off.
I still vote for a game as it:

can be as simple or complex as we want
can easily port to different platforms
allows other members to contribute
sounds more fun

Darren

Staff member
I'd be interested in helping with something like that. I have no concept of how adequate my programming skills are, especially since I think you guys decided on Java.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Don't worry lol.Just join us.
There are not many of us anyway lol so the more the better. ;)

It's not like we are going to make something big since this is our first project anyway.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah don't worry about it. It's something we can teach. Also, you don't necessarily have to program. There'll be lots of other stuff that needs to be done.

Troncoso

VIP Member
How about a 2D platformer. Or a space invaders type game.

A platformer would be neat, or even that game you mentioned in the first thread. If it's a game we are going for, we can at least try and come up with something unique, if nothing else.

NyxCharon

I'm all for the making a simple game. We could take a new spin on a classic. For example, reverse galaga. Instead of controlling the one ship, you have to control and manage the hordes of ships trying to destroy the "hero" ship. Just a random thought.

Darren

Staff member
Sounds good to me. I've got school starting in a little under a month so not sure how involved I'll be able to be but I'll try.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
LoL I was thinking how funny it would be to make new game like MAZE game lol with levels and that each level is harder and harder and that at the end you hear some scary screaming sound and see:
maze+6.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And it would be awesome if sounds and the pictures are different every time even when playing the same levels! :D:D:D
We would use some simple RANDOM class for this by using a different number each time from let's say 1 to 50 (if there will be 50 different pictures of course.Same for the sounds). :D

LoL we would scare the sh!t out of people hahaha!!! :D:D:D

Now THAT'S unique lol!
Unique SCARE!

BOO!!!

:D

Cheers hehehe!:D

By the way...when you go to sleep today,be sure to fall a sleep because if you:
Cant-Sleep-Dont-worry-me-neither-scary-face-meme-skeleton-meme.jpg

We could use this picture when the user tryes to exit the application and then make a 60 seconds delay before application actually exits and that during those 60 seconds this picture is showed lol ^.^

Last edited:

Ankur

I would suggest a system which provides some e-learning features stuff, it would be helpful for everyone.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Bump. :)

To expand on the platformer, I was talking with my dad about ideas. He came up with a basic story that might work. His concept revolved around chasing someone who's stolen your identity and you have to out run the debt collectors who are chasing you while gathering clues about the thief and eventually catching him.

Ankur's eLearning idea has potential too, that's a huge business right now.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
In the interest of not letting this die further, when I get enough time to sit down and do some actual work on this, maybe next week, I'm just going to start doing stuff and I'll post a link to the repo. At that point if anyone wants to jump in, we can work something out.