PS to MB extensions

Scubie67

I guess this would be the right place to post this.For my new build I am thinking about either the Antec 1200 or CM Haf 932 case's(leaning hard from research toward the Haf 932). I am thinking about using the Corsair or the PC & P 750 watt PS's.Since these are both full tower cases ,do I probably need a a PS to MB ext. power cable for it to reach?

I want it to look neat and the extra length would come in handy for cable routing.Anyone else had problems with cables being too short for their Tower builds?I have just been reading the Newegg reviews where it seems some have run into some snags with short cables.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Yea that problem does come up because most boards have the 4/8 pin CPU and 24 pin power connector at the top of the board. Just find out the height of the case and about where your 4/8 and 24 pin connectors are on the board then measure your power cables and see if they look close to being long enough.

Scubie67

Do you need to add a little extra if you are planning to route the cables back behind the MB since it cant go straight across the board?