PS4, finally to be unveiled?

tech savvy

Quote from Yahoo;

"Rumors about the PlayStation 4 have been floating around for over a year now, but on February 20, we'll finally get a glimpse at the real thing. That's the day Sony will hold an event in New York where it reportedly plans to unveil its long-awaited next-generation console."

I personally can not wait. Even though I game mostly on my PC, I'm still going to buy the next-generation consoles,PS4 and XBOX720 Basically only because of the selection of game's that they offer.

I just wanted to hear what ya'll think about it, and if ya'll plan to buy one?

WeatherMan

I don't plan to buy one, but it'll be interesting to hear the specs of the next gen consoles.

Maybe when these new consoles come out the dev's will finally start making newer api's mandatory, so we could end up seeing a few more DX10/11 exclusive titles :)

tech savvy

I hope it's on live T.V, I really want to see it. I'm so excited!

Edit:
I won't be getting one but I am excited to see the hardware that both of the consoles will run.

Also, it's said Microsoft will be unveiling there next-generation console some time in the next few months. Looks like Sony will get the first jump on the release, ahead of Microsoft.

Last edited:

wbt50

For the first time ever, I see my self skipping the next gen of consoles. I'll stick to PC :D

spirit

Staff member
Will be interesting to see what it's like. Not in a million years getting one though. I've got an Xbox 360 at the moment, I never use it because I game on the PC.

Last PlayStation I owned was a PS2 about 6-7 years ago now!

But never the less, it'll be interesting to see what the next generation of consoles are like. It's about time I think.

salvage-this

Also, it's said Microsoft will be unveiling there next-generation console some time in the next few months. Looks like Sony will get the first jump on the release, ahead of Microsoft.

I am just waiting for one of the manufacturers to make a deal with either AMD or nVidia to add a higher end GPU in the system. AMD could really make a lot of money having consoles feature both an AMD CPU and GPU in their system. It's more likely that whatever the steam console turns out to be will be geared more towards PC parts in console form.

Troncoso

VIP Member
I'm not sure whether to believe the rumor. Sony themselves said they were intentionally going to let Microsoft announce their new hardware first.

Regardless, I'll likely get whatever Sony throws out. I've had a PS3 since launch and it's provided countless hours of entertainment. I was the lucky one of my friends to never have had their PS3 break down in anyway. So, I can easily say I got my money's worth out of it. Not to mention, there is talk that the PS4 will be a lot more involved with the PS Vita, which I also own. Besides that, the PS3 is starting to show its age. These new update and fancy interface are rather sluggish compared to what they used to be. The games though, had great graphics. I can't even imagine the power house that the PS4 will be.

tech savvy

I am just waiting for one of the manufacturers to make a deal with either AMD or nVidia to add a higher end GPU in the system. AMD could really make a lot of money having consoles feature both an AMD CPU and GPU in their system. It's more likely that whatever the steam console turns out to be will be geared more towards PC parts in console form.

I believe that Sony and Microsoft both use AMD in there consoles.

CrazyMike

So the next gen console is coming so people can play COD56? I think they should think about coming out with the next generation of games first.

Geoff

VIP Member
I used to be a big PC gamer, but everyone I know now just plays on consoles. It's so much easier to socialize on Xbox anyways as 95% of the people have proper mics, unlike PC gamers where only a select few use them.

Masterfulks

I still game on both consoles and pc. I regretted getting skyrim on PS3. I did because I expected to sell it later. However now I'm 200 hours in wishing I would have just got on my PC.

I'll probably wait about a year before I get the next xbox on ps4. I have liked the exclusives better on the PS3 so that leans me towards the ps4.

I could get both, but I just don't have the time to make use of two consoles and a pc.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I read somewhere about the PS4,that games will be tied to your system,So there will be no second hand market for PS4 games...but what if your system fails? :D

Also no backwards compatibility with PS3 games.

How true these are though,Who knows...it wouldn't surprise me if it were true though.

Okedokey

I read somewhere about the PS4,that games will be tied to your system,So there will be no second hand market for PS4 games...but what if your system fails? :D

Also no backwards compatibility with PS3 games.

How true these are though,Who knows...it wouldn't surprise me if it were true though.

Just one more reason to get a real gaming pc!

tech savvy

Just one more reason to get a real gaming pc!

Isn't that how it is now on PC's?

Anyway. I really hate to see that happen, because I love GameStop, and shop there frequently. Without them, I wouldn't have 90% of my games I have now, 360/PS3. I like buying used games, not new $60 games. Don't get me wrong, I would love to buy games on release day, and enjoy being one of the first to play. But hey, I'm not made of money, nor make a lot, so yeah, bring on the used.

Geoff

VIP Member
So the next gen console is coming so people can play COD56? I think they should think about coming out with the next generation of games first.
While I agree to an extent, the Xbox 360 and PS3 are almost a decade old, they are long overdue for a major hardware refresh.

Isn't that how it is now on PC's?

Anyway. I really hate to see that happen, because I love GameStop, and shop there frequently. Without them, I wouldn't have 90% of my games I have now, 360/PS3. I like buying used games, not new $60 games. Don't get me wrong, I would love to buy games on release day, and enjoy being one of the first to play. But hey, I'm not made of money, nor make a lot, so yeah, bring on the used.
Games are expensive, but typically I only buy 2-3 games a year anyways. I'll buy Black Ops 2 on release day and play that all the way until the next COD release. I may buy a cheaper game such as GTA IV or FIFA in between, but I mainly stick with a game for a year until it's successor comes out.