ps4 or computer

keep ps4 or build gaming computer

• Total voters

Geoff

VIP Member
What do you mean by comparable CPUs?

I think AMD is behind on terms on technology and development. Just now using 14nm transistors. The same happened in 2011 when they launched the Bulldozer. Intel had been using 32nm since 2008 (with the Nehalem architecture). I like AMD, but it´s really hard to compete with specialized monsters like Intel and NVIDIA at the same time. Only AMD can do that and of course that is more than huge. But is still only good on low budget choices. If you have the money you should always go Intel.
Such as the top of the line 8 core AMD Zen CPU to the top of the line 8 core Intel i7 CPU, where the Zen outperforms it by a hair.

Zen is a completely new architecture built from the ground up.

Motorcharge

PS4 really isn't worth it imo unless you can get a good deal on one. I bought one last year when Fallout 4 came out because I didn't have the money to upgrade my PC at the time. After playing through it I found I rarely played my PS4 and ended up selling it. Imo the game library just isn't very good and there's not enough exclusives to justify buying one. That said, I'm not into most indie games and there is a good selection of them on PS4. If I got another console I'd be more likely to pick up and Xbox.

AMD_man

DDR4 is just a tiny bit better than 3. DDR4 maybe gets you two more fps on games.

Yes that´s really not a big deal. Lots of people are getting the LGA1150 socket and the DDR3 is not even close to being a deal breaker. It´s still an old outdated platform and not worth the money.

AMD_man

The only one worth mentioning is the I/O speed. Nevertheless this is not about the RAM, it's about the rest. DDR4 support is more of an indicator than anything else. The greatest benefit actually is higher frequencies at lower prices. The main stream user isn't affected by the other differences.

Geoff

VIP Member
DDR4 is just a tiny bit better than 3. DDR4 maybe gets you two more fps on games.
My point wasn't that it was dramatically better for gaming, but that if you buy DDR3 now you won't be able to reuse that in any future build. DDR4 will be common for several more years.
It's a 2013 CPU! That's not very old, and a quad core at that. The higher resolution you play at, the games are actually less CPU intensive.
A 3.5 year old CPU is old when building a new rig. It may be a quad core, but it can't even compare to a new dual core i3 in most cases.